Toyota recalls

digger

I have the misfortune to work with a Prius driver who knits socks from Tofu, wears jumpers made from organic yaks eye lashes and thinks eating anything other than coal is cruel.

Well it was unfortunate until Toyota decided to recall their cars in a Datsunesque cock up. How many thousands of tonnes of CO2 will this recall create? Will global warming be put on hold until the recall is over? Will my 2.0lt petrol that struggles to get above 28mpg due to a heavy right boot and grin inducing chuckability be ok to pick up the slug adopting lettuce licker ? Happy days :lol:

Look here you lot - you have totally the wrong idea.

I've had a Prius for the past 2.5 years, and done 115,000 miles in it.

55mpg, no breakdowns whatsoever, and it is ideal for driving round estate roads at night, as the wabbits can't hear you coming.

I am ye original Eco warrior, and you Neanderthals had better see which way the world is going.

You cannot be stuck in your gas guzzling 4 x 4's forever, selfishly not thinking of your own contributions to global warming....

Look here you lot - you have totally the wrong idea.

I've had a Prius for the past 2.5 years, and done 115,000 miles in it.

55mpg, no breakdowns whatsoever, and it is ideal for driving round estate roads at night, as the wabbits can't hear you coming.

I am ye original Eco warrior, and you Neanderthals had better see which way the world is going.

You cannot be stuck in your gas guzzling 4 x 4's forever, selfishly not thinking of your own contributions to global warming....

And when the Prius is lining in its landfill with its unrecyclable battery my 4x4s will still be hauling me across

field and dale. Meanwhile another replacement Prius will be releasing CO2 during manufacture

(the Prius battery contains cobalt manganese and nickel which thus far nobody is recycling despite claims that it is just a Nimh battery)

Most pointless car in the world, i know alot of people that have crashed them due to the eco tyres they use, as was mentioned above, they are no good for the environment at all (long term), they dont even achieve a decent MPG compared to modern diesel cars. Yet they still use petrol so are still doing their bit to use up our oil reserves etc.. (plus the CO2 used to produce the car, shipping battery components around the world.)

The faults with the accelerator and brake are a pain but its just Toyota being a decent car manufacturer and fixing a very slight problem. Unfortunately it seems that this has given a great excuse to Toyota drivers to claim there are lots of other problems.

I get train to work most days and walk to the station, I drive my 10 year old Range Rover at weekends and probably release less Co2 than the Prius brigade, which makes me laugh quite a lot when someone starts on about my 4x4.

Edited by Dr W

Most pointless car in the world, i know alot of people that have crashed them due to the eco tyres they use,

Aaaagh, bit of a ****** that. Eco tyres are a killer :lol::lol:

What a load of absolute rollocks. Are you really trying to say that lots of people have crashed their Prius due to these tyres, and Toyota haven't pick up on this?

And the next unreasoned, thoughtless argument please.

I drive a Prius because I have to - it comes with the job. I didn't get one because of economy (my previous three company cars were 4 x 4's, and they all did 50,000 miles/year).

Cars don't turn me on at all, and the badge don't bother me either (yes, I had a Skoda Octavia - and a cracking motor it was too).

I won't be able to sleep tonight now because of having nightmares about the tyres.....

Aaaagh, bit of a ****** that. Eco tyres are a killer :oops: :blink:

What a load of absolute rollocks. Are you really trying to say that lots of people have crashed their Prius due to these tyres, and Toyota haven't pick up on this?

And the next unreasoned, thoughtless argument please.

I drive a Prius because I have to - it comes with the job. I didn't get one because of economy (my previous three company cars were 4 x 4's, and they all did 50,000 miles/year).

Cars don't turn me on at all, and the badge don't bother me either (yes, I had a Skoda Octavia - and a cracking motor it was too).

I won't be able to sleep tonight now because of having nightmares about the tyres.....

Having driven on similar tyres in my own car i know how rubbish they are when things get wet on the ground. Low rolling resistance comes at a price, same goes for any tyre, just the Prius comes fitted with them. I cant say for certain if the instances i know of with people driving their Prius off the road was down to their own inability (chances are it was a significant factor) But it seems odd to me i know of a few instances of people complaining about the same thing. Sure same could happen to any car with a **** driver. But its my thoughtless argument/opinion/load of rollocks.

The Prius being a pointless planet killing car is just fact though :good:

A Prius that comes with the job ? Good lord and heavens above you really did draw the short straw. Do you iron your socks? :good:

Nope Digger, the company car policy changed (changed yet again a month ago).

The Prius saved me £32/week after tax, but I would rather have paid for a 4 x 4. Having said that the Prius has been OK.

Currently looking at the best 4 x 4 under £22,000 (or £450/month lease costs).

The best compromise that I have come across is a Subara Forester (had two already) or X Trail, or Skoda Yeti. We will see.

Don

after studying such modules as 'sustainable technology' and 'environmental science' for the last 4 years at Uni whilst studying a surveying degree. I can honestly say i cannot give a hoot about global warming, this may seem a short sighted unintelligent comment but i can assure i am neither of those.

A few ice caps melt, a few polar bears die, so what?....my main concern is the ever increasing cost of car tax and petrol thanks to the people who have bought this idea of global warming will supposedly end the world. No one really spoke of this 50 years did they?

But lets not digress. The prius is a ugly mite, whether its electric or not doesnt even come into it!

Ahh......that feels better now.