Snap caps

Lampwick

how many people answer theese threads are gun smiths?i took a gun to a amazing gun smith in Ringwood who always gives you the low down on your gun and some may say well hes looking for work,but he asked and made sure I was using snap caps I laughed and mentioned the heated debates that start on p/w and he went mad going into the techy side of the sears etc showing us a trigger mech,so i still sit on the fence ,throw them in the bin if you want I have some nice shiney brass ones that cost £10 if people feel its a lot of money then a shooting aint cheap and take up Knitting,i take the advice of a expert and not a random forum :lol:

EEEERRRrrrr what are you doing here then, trying to drum up support for the local knitting circle??? :good::good::lol::lol::D:lol::lol:

Ever heard someone with a gun malfunction say "I wished i'd used snap caps"?

Or how about how many members, on here for instance, have guns that have shot many many thousands of cartridges without a misfire or main spring problem?

Mine has probably shot 30-40,000 and never seen a snap cap, and that would be absolutely nothing compared to a regular clay shooter.

If you leave your gun assembled like 99% of shooters the ejector springs are constantly under compression what about them? non eject issues are more common misfires.

Or how about how many members, on here for instance, have guns that have shot many many thousands of cartridges without a misfire or main spring problem?

Mine has probably shot 30-40,000 and never seen a snap cap, and that would be absolutely nothing compared to a regular clay shooter.

If you leave your gun assembled like 99% of shooters the ejector springs are constantly under compression what about them? non eject issues are more common misfires.

Thanks everyone, clear as mud then. Im off to my knitting club may be late as I need to fill the oil on the car and drop it from the jacks.

No snap caps for me.... for now!

I think that we should all agree to disagree sometimes. It's like a wearing garlic around vampires, some people would feel better about the situation & fully protected & others would think b0ll0cks it's just an old wives tale.

Do whatever you think is right. It ain't going to kill you either way.

Edited by bagpuss