shooting syndicate looking for guns northumberland

cap1len

hi

i have just joined a new syndicate which has 500 acres in the broomhill area. it is arable farm land with a mixture of crops and there are 10 small woods spread over it.i was speaking to the previous gamekeeper this morning and he tells me they usually put down pheasants and partridges but they shoot lots more partridges than they put down as well as geese which come onto the stubble.there is as much pigeon and rabbit shooting as you want the farmer hates them and wants them all dealt with.

the new gamekeeper/shoot captain has asked me to see if anyone on the forum might be interested in joining.

the cost for the year will be £350 plus once a season sorting out refreshments for the beaters probably cost less than £20.

there will be at least 6 work days and a couple of clay days with bbq in the summer.

please pm me for any further details or i can give you my no. if you want to chat.

the shoot captain would prefer guns with dogs but dont let that put you off places will not be based solely on that and it is not first come first served.

guns must be fully insured through any of the recognised organisations

disclaimer

i will have no say in the final decision as to who is offered a place and who isnt

thanks

len

Edited by cap1len

ok

i have spoken to the shoot captain tonight. he tells me that there will be no stalking or the use of rifles excluding air on the shoot.he is also looking to have members from the northumberland tyneside area. can anyone interested in joining please pm me a telephone no. as the shoot captain may be inviting prospective members for a look around this sunday morning and he can answer any questions anyone might have. i will give him the list of interested people friday morning.

hope this helps

thanks

len

hi just to keep everyone informed it was great to meet up this morning with 3 of the pigeon watch members who i am pleased to say have all joined the syndicate.

more members are scheduled to have a look around next sunday so if anyone else is interested send me a pm and i will try to give you any info i can.

one of the guys went pigeon shooting this afternoon. talk about keen and the farmer will be happy.

we have just been given permission to shoot pigeons at another farm close by which covers another couple of hundred acres.

Edited by cap1len

I just want to say hi to my new buddies who I met for the fist time today, a really nice bunch of guys. I'm looking forward to this new year with renewed enthusiasm. I had arranged to send a St Bernard with a cask of brandy to rescue Paul but I see he made it home so Iv,e cancelled it. See you soon lads.

I just want to say hi to my new buddies who I met for the fist time today, a really nice bunch of guys. I'm looking forward to this new year with renewed enthusiasm. I had arranged to send a St Bernard with a cask of brandy to rescue Paul but I see he made it home so Iv,e cancelled it. See you soon lads.

hi gladrag good to meet you.hows the weather at longbenton

alan

I visited the land again today to do a bit of pigeon bashing. Got there at 0930 and set up to the west of big wood next to farm covering the rape field. Very cold, negligible wind and quite bright. Set up the magnet and deeks and ..................****** all for 2 hours! Not even a sighting of a pigeon. In between bouts of swearing and self pity I packed up and moved about 2km away to the northern boundary of the permission. Set up on the meadow as the field just outside our permission was blue with a flock of 400+. I was hoping to get the nosey ones into range. As I got settled, 8 duck lifted from the water course and this in turn lifted the pigeons on the rape. I managed one shot at a low straggler, missed, so consoled myself with a tab. It started clouding over, some hail scurries and the wind picked up. I gave it another hour, 4 misses at 4 fast and high birds and sacked it.

I've managed to bum the rest of week off work so I'll be visiting again soon.