Mil Dot

tungsten

Jesus what a response - thanks.

Model 4-12x50AO NMM41250AO

Focal plane yes I understand what you mean however the rectle size changes with magnification (just tried it!!)

Then i would suggest it will be correct at x10 power as i said earlier - seems to be what most American scopes use and almost all others follow

no meant like, 'mountmaster'or 'gameking' not the model number. sorry if i was unclear :rolleyes:

MOUNSTAR AO.

However, i have encountered a problem! while bore sighting this scope I found i needed to raise the horizontal rectlile line to bring the scope to a bore sighted "zero" So turning the elevation turret in the up direction as indicated on the turret the line actually went down further away from the bore sighted point of impact!!!

then turn it the other way.

'Up' in that case means bullet impact. 'up' puts the crosshair lower, which forces you to aim higher and thus a higher bullet impact.

Forget abot bore sighting anyway. Just shoot it at 25 yards at a piece of A3 and see where you are.

Thanks

Rick

He's right - think of "up" as moving the pellet impact point up, not the crosshair.

I had a Nikko Stirling Gameking 4-16x50 AO IR and I'm sure it was @ 10x zoom.

Do bare in mind it's 3.6" @ 100 yards for one milliradian (or mil dot) so should be circa 1.2" at 33 yards.

Edited by burntout