This morning with fern and philip

Millomite

They have just had a mother and father on whose son was killed by a youth with an air rifle. They are calling for a total ban on air guns and have a doctor supporting them. Fern said there is not use for air guns except larking about and target practice. I have emailed them my disgust to tell them that in safe hands they are an efficient pest control tool.

http://www.itv-thismorning.co.uk/ContactUs.aspx

Thats the link to email them too

Your message has been sent to:

thismorning@thismorning.co.uk

this is bull i have shot respocibly for years how dare they lump us all in together

Its like there are wreckless drivers on the road it doesnt mean EVERYONE is a wreckless driver this is just insulting

An now i Truely fear we maybe seeing the begining of the end to our airgunning days

We have got to KICK UP A MASSIVE STINK forward this link to other forums make sure everyone responds!

If you have a second or third email you can complain from Use them :lol:

Edited by mimic

Hi,

What is likely to happen :(

FM :/

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...573945#continue

At this stage im not sure i am PRAYING what will happen is they will introduce either a licence for your existing weapon or make restrictions on buying them maybe put the age up to 21 or something

What i Fear a Total recall of all airguns and a ban on there sale like they did with handguns with posibly no compensation meaning i loose not only my hobby but a large investment

SCOTLAND’S police forces are launching a campaign to get people to hand over their airguns in the wake of the death of Glasgow toddler Andrew Morton, Jack McConnell announced yesterday.

There are thought to be as many as 400,000 air weapons in Scotland and anybody with an airgun will be asked to think about whether they really need it and, if not, to hand it in to a police station to be destroyed

:rolleyes:;):):):) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Edited by mimic

The licensing of air weapons and an amnesty for the law abiding not wishing to license would ensure that all new and used sales/transfers were recorded, and might go a small way in reducing the incidence of both accidental and intentional shootings.

Of course it would not significantly reduce the overall number of air weapons now in circulation and the mindless yobs who blight society would simply carry on regardless.

The licensing of air weapons and an amnesty for the law abiding not wishing to license would ensure that all new and used sales/transfers were recorded, and might go a small way in reducing the incidence of both accidental and intentional shootings.

Of course it would not significantly reduce the overall number of air weapons now in circulation and the mindless yobs who blight society would simply carry on regardless.

The mindless yobs who blight society are those people who think that by licensing everything they'll stop the crimes. Criminals with guns (of any sort) or indeed anything else such as vehicles that should be licensed DO NOT have/need/get licenses. When will people learn. All they do is persecute the law abiding citizens who make up the backbone of this country.

The licensing of air weapons and an amnesty for the law abiding not wishing to license would ensure that all new and used sales/transfers were recorded, and  might go a small way in reducing the incidence of both accidental and intentional shootings.

The mindless yobs who blight society are those people who think that by licensing everything they'll stop the crimes. Criminals with guns (of any sort) or indeed anything else such as vehicles that should be licensed DO NOT have/need/get licenses. When will people learn. All they do is persecute the law abiding citizens who make up the backbone of this country.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Licensing will have no effect whatever on gun crime.

Have handgun offences declined since all legal handguns were removed from circulation? You know the figures as well as I do.

Pure populist politics - a chance for worthless TV presenters and unprincipled politicians to go home at night and say, 'I pretended to be some use again - and got away with it for another day.'

You don't think that ***** Mconnell believes he's going to save lives do you? It's all about staying in the gravy train. Press the right buttons and a stupid electorate might just keep you in the £150K job for another few years.

********!

When will people learn.

Never.

People are quick to blame or demonise an object just as quickly now as they ever were in the Dark Ages. Much easier than facing up the fact that some people are just wrong 'uns, or facing up to the fact that people must accept the consequences of their actions - a fundemental part of freedom.

Heads up Its coming :rolleyes: Get your guns now Quick time Cuz in the next few months u aint gunner be able to, Its not happened yet but its certainly going to, I am not joking BUY IT THIS WEEK! obtaining permits for guns we already own hopefully wont be as bad as trying to aquire fresh ones I would urge to take my advice!

Click here

The new rules will mean that anyone who buys an air weapon will have to apply for a permit, provide their details to the authorities and give a satisfactory explanation as to why they need a gun.

The first stage of the crackdown would apply only to the purchase of new weapons

but Mr McConnell then wants to go further and extend the permit system to the owners of all existing airguns in Scotland

We are gunner be next and this means our hobby is in Deep Deep ****

Edited by mimic

holly ****! ;)

just read that article you put up the like for mimic. they make air guns sound like a desise! redusing to a "manigable number" they make it out like we'r the vermin! :< the actual "licenceing" don't sound too bad but the over all attitude is just wrong :rolleyes:

i bet most of these chaps making up this new legislation have never even seen an air rifle apart from on tv.

not quit at the " from my cold dead hands!" yet but i winds me right up.

spider

well snake that all depends on what they are going to deam as Resonable Grounds for requiring one ,I dont mind licensing even registering with the police if it will help curb incidents such as that todlers.. But what im conserned most about is will club use and Pest control qualify for keeping it.

If it doesnt we will all need to have a long carefull think about the reasons we can provide as to why we Require our guns.

Any other sujestions welcome!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently considering a partition and trying to convince not just other shooters to sign but members of the public that We Responcible shooters should be allowed to keep our hobby and not have it destroyed by an isolated few

But i will make my point clear to all that the Responcible shooters are OUT raged and generaly discusted at the mis use of airguns, We do infact support action against Such wreckless indaviduals But feel those of us (the majority) who Respect the law should not be tared with the same brush and forced to give up our Hobby.

I think this is a fare point and im sure i can get people to sign in agreement. perhaps between us we could collect a partition for our local Areas and merge them together in the hopes of creating something substancial.

Edited by mimic

I am not concerned by this at all. I have no reason to worry about the licensing should it ever arrive in England. If it helps to keep the idiots away from airguns its a good thing. As far as reasons for ownership are concerned, target shooting and pest control are the only reasons, arent they? What other sensible reason is there?

To be honest, I don't see how the permit system is really going to cure the problems. Its just the Scots way of trying to make a difference due to the home office not responding. Nothing will stop a person lying about the reason for use, so hows it really going to help.

The only real way to make a difference is to subject the 12ft/l airgun to the full criteria of the FAC and SGC, period.

Regards,

Axe.

I am not concerned by this at all. I have no reason to worry about the licensing should it ever arrive in England. If it helps to keep the idiots away from airguns its a good thing. As far as reasons for ownership are concerned, target shooting and pest control are the only reasons, arent they? What other sensible reason is there?

To be honest, I don't see how the permit system is really going to cure the problems. Its just the Scots way of trying to make a difference due to the home office not responding. Nothing will stop a person lying about the reason for use, so hows it really going to help.

The only real way to make a difference is to subject the 12ft/l airgun to the full criteria of the FAC and SGC, period.

Regards,

Axe.

if they do that it will kill the hobby, that would mean people would have complete 6 months probation at a club , Provide all the necisary storage arangements, Pay for there memebership Licence and inspection, All this just to shoot a few pellets down a tunnel at 12 ftlbs, when you can still walk into a shop and buy a 150 ftlb crossbow or harpoon gun all thats gunner happen is a shift in the preference of weapon used.

The most important point is the Fac would only really affect the type of people who are not going to mis using their guns in the first place, the actual idiots wont bother to register it just seems like Well ok lets Punish the good ones for what the bad ones did an just leave the bad ones the same... :D

Edited by mimic

THe reason for use could be a club membership card, or a written permission for a shoot, or a statment that your property needs vermin control (backed up by a police permission possibly)

This is not going to be foolproof but what is?

Plus the fact that the rifle must be delivered to the address given and signed for.

Not exactly practical I know but a sugestion.

How are they going to cope with the second hand market?

Are you going to have to go the same way as FAC holders??