discovery prices

dcliff

I don't know if they have gone up but been looking for a few weeks now at the late shape (2.7td V6) 2004 onwards, and £15k doesn't get it all.

My three requirements are, mileage up to 75k, leather interior and auto. For my budget I can have any two of my preferences in any combination, but getting all three is proving hard except an awful lime green one :oops:

On say a 2005 car, up to what mileage should I not worry about/ I read on the forum a few times where people talk about the previous shape being good for 250k miles, but I'm not sure about the later shape! should I worry about getting 100k car?

Is it me or have (used) discovery prices gone up what with this snow and all...?

I don't think you're far wrong. I've been toying for sometime with the idea of buying a Range Rover again, I had a Classic back in the early 90s. I looked at 2002 L322 TD6 models at around this time last year and they were starting at £12.5k, this year the price is about £13k. The P38 run out models of 2001 seem to be fixed at around the £7k mark.

The Disco is a good vehicle for several purposes. I've heard them referred to as "the thinking mans Defender"! I'm not sure I'd go as far as that but they're good vehicles. I guess the snow has just reminded people how useful they can be. We all did our fair share of driving around all the stuck cars with a big grin on our faces and carrying on without too much bother and now a lot of those stuck car drives want one!

I'm looking at Unimogs at the moment. It's going to set me back £10k for one that's older than me so the Disco's got nothing on them!

Read this morning a report from Pendragon group that since January, Land Rover sales are up by 60%.

This time last year I was in the market for a new 4X4. had a confirmed quote for a new Freelander HSE auto at £26.5K (list £35K). Eventually bought new X-trail for £18.5K

Friend of mine has just bought a Freelander. The price they had to pay for exactly the same spec as I was looking for last year was £32.5K. The best quote they had for an X-trail of same spec as mine was £26K.

What a difference a year makes!

Andrew

So, do you think they'll come down in the summer - or are there other factors influencing the price hike?

I really don't know the answer to that, but I'm biding my time. I'm going to keep an eye out and probably wait till the summer to see if they do drop. Hasn't the D4 just come out as well? So hopefully the D3 will drop somewhat.....

I really don't know the answer to that, but I'm biding my time. I'm going to keep an eye out and probably wait till the summer to see if they do drop. Hasn't the D4 just come out as well? So hopefully the D3 will drop somewhat.....

good article in autocar last week (or week before) re. the D3 being a great used bargain at the mo....

post-13514-1267097964.jpg

post-13514-1267097997.jpg