Selling Woodies

jonnyb11

Anyone know where i can sell my woodies?

I seem to recall seing an add in either the sporting gun or shooting times aboout a company who buys them frozen and collects from anywhere in UK. I cant find the ad again for the life of me though.

Anyone know what the goingrae for a frozen woody is now?

I am in Kent by the way

Cheers

J

I had the same problem,can only eat so many and give away so many.I went to see a local butcher he will take a few at 50p a time along with rabbits £1.50 hares £2.50.Go and have a chat with your local butcher you might be surprised also try pubs and restaurants

I just spoke to Rick Bestwick - seems I missed out by a week, they are not taking in any woodies at the moment.

Anyone else know anyone else? I can t bear the thought of them going to waste, I already have a freezer full of breasts as do most of my family, and I really cant eat anymore. I dont think local butchers will want them, not frozen anyway. With the amount I get I would need loadsa butchers to get shot of them all.

its the same story in northumberland .a local game dealer stopped taking them 12 months ago.before that he was giving 20p each.i tried yellow pages but nobody within 60 miles was takin any.i sold a few to a restaurant but i had to breast them.if anybody knows an outlet in my area let me know cheers. :lol:

its the same story in northumberland .a local game dealer stopped taking them 12 months ago.before that he was giving 20p each.i tried yellow pages but nobody within 60 miles was takin any.i sold a few to a restaurant but i had to breast them.if anybody knows an outlet in my area let me know cheers. :lol:

where abouts in Northumberland are you i have a game dealer pays 20p down near Richmond.

Edited by hawkeye

Just got back from the gamedealer,he was saying that anyone taking game to him next year will have to of done the hygiene course.It's all about traceability,so if there is a problem with what you take in they know what area it came from.Do the goverment think game birds etc stay in one area,also how can we inspect our game just by looking at it.To do it properly your have to check the lungs,liver,gut etc.I think this is just the goverment trying to put another nail in the coffin for country pursuits.

When we take meat for human consumption if it goes for export it is inspected by a vet before hand.It is not our job to decide if it is fit to eat. :<

Hey Guys,

Lets all wake up to this one......!!!!!

The number of outlets that will take our shot birds in bulk has diminished pretty quickly..!!

I know that any number of regulars will post to say that they can pass their 20 odd birds on to the local restaurant, but if you are a serious shooter, and not just a hedge crawler, you've got a problem..!!

Back in the early 80's, I was getting 50p a bird in the run up to Christmas, and Eley shells were only £70 per 1000, so if I shot well I could make a good profit, pay for my shells and get pi**ed on the proceeds..!!

Yet another reason to emigrate from rip off Britain..!!

See you all in France.. Vive Le Palombiere..!!

Double H

Just got back from the gamedealer,he was saying that anyone taking game to him next year will have to of done the hygiene course.

What hygiene course is that ?

Are you referring to the Basic Food Hygiene certificate ? If so than why not just sit the course at your local council. It would cost about £30 and that gets you a certificate which is renewable every 3 years.

I could almost supply you with the answers to all the questions, infact, I could probably supply the course material too, then you could just pop along to sit the exam.

Ive got my "Advanced food hygiene cert" paid for by my employer.

Well if anyone is like me, they have noticed the decline in outlets. From the good ole days of 50p per bird. Ok I accept those days are gone but surely there must be a market somewhere for such good eating and healthy natural meat. I am not to fussed about the money, If i was in it for the money i certainly wouldnt be into shooting. Its the shear fact that it is easier to chuck them in a hedge and feed charlie, than it is to find a dealer who will take the quantity I get.

Its bloody criminal if you ask me. What the French they eat anything, cant we flog em to them over there?