which 20 bore carts?

I use Gamebore Traditional Game 28gm fibre in 6's.

Never had any problems and they are a nice clean cartridge, also they tend to be selling at a good price most of the time.

Do they kick much :shout:

I'm kind of used to my very mild 28gram 20g reloads but wouldn't mind buying a case of factory loads.

Tried some Lyalvale Special 20g 28 gram Fibre but find them a bit bumpy in a 6lb O/U. Fine for the auto though :sick:

I often use Express 28gram number 6 fibre - these are OK on kick and but quite dirty. I came to the conclusion that as I clean the gun each time anyway, why worry about a bit more dirt!

My shooting with them on pigeon was 2carts for 1 hit average (I know, many other are far better than me, but I was pleased). It is a multi choke and I had left a tight choke in one barrel but decided not to worry and just shoot. I took some high and fast birds both in the woods and decoying over the rape.

Edited by malkiserow

Any 20gauge shell is 'fit for purpose'. You must, however, put the tubes in the right place to hit things! :good:

That applies to all cartridges, but some are cleaner, cycle better,have less recoil and are cheaper than other cartridges.

We all have our preferences and of all the Manufacturers both in 12 and 20 bore, I prefer Gamebore.

That applies to all cartridges, but some are cleaner, cycle better,have less recoil and are cheaper than other cartridges.

We all have our preferences and of all the Manufacturers both in 12 and 20 bore, I prefer Gamebore.

I bought 500 random 20g Gamebore game cartridges, mostly 28gram fibre 6, along with some 12g 32 gram and 300 CX2000s for £50 today.

Reckon I did alright :good:

Edited by sitsinhedges

I used Fiocchi 28 gram fibre wad sixes for my pheasant shooting last season, and they did well for me- if I pointed the gun the right way, the birds folded. And if I didn't, well- at least I got to make a bit of noise. So they should be great for pigeons too.

I can say that Tungsten matrix 3's are deadly on pheasants. And, no- that's not my usual choice for high pheasants- I was waiting for a fox at the time.

Yes, confirmed Hull Cartridge fan here. Having tried copius varieties in 20 bore the best for me are Hull Sterling Game 28g 6's. The High Pheasies are very good also.

Without any doubt in my mind the best 20 bore cartridge you can buy (sterling game) but dont you think there r a bit expensive for pigeons??