8 year old's homework - Arguing against animals being kept in cage

Mungler

Ok, my eldest is having a debate at school and he is on the side arguing against animals being kept in cages.

Apart from the usual "it's cruel and not on par with any animal's natural habitat" anyone got any truly genius points that no other 8 year old (or 8 year old's parents) will come up with?

So, there's your homework for this evening.

there is a higher risk of ricochet because of the bars and its just not sporting they should atleast be given the chance to run! :good:

no seriously though don't chimps and things go a bit mental if they don't have a large enough cage/habitat to move about in they start rocking all over the place i saw a thing on it same with lions

Ok, my eldest is having a debate at school and he is on the side arguing against animals being kept in cages.

Apart from the usual "it's cruel and not on par with any animal's natural habitat" anyone got any truly genius points that no other 8 year old (or 8 year old's parents) will come up with?

So, there's your homework for this evening.

'coz they are innocent untill proven guilty :good:

A minor offence like drunk and disorderly would be OK overnight but not if they get taken to the cells in a Panda Car!

One of the main reasons that animals shouldnt be caged is because most animals if not all are territorial and need their own space to be relaxed in . Cage them up together in a small area and they become Paranoid . Animals are only caged for the benifit of humans , for food or for looking at in a zoo .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

The domestication of animals should be out of a need for food, not for personal pleasure. It is a part of mans evoloution to find ways of providing food, and this started with the domestication of sheep. We did this to make our lives easier through trade or to eat. Unless we are doing this for the sake of feeding ourselves and our family, then it is of no nutritonal or moral gain. If you want to go down the route of cruelty, its not really an issue as the level of conscious awareness required is not applied to most animals such as a budgie in a cage, or a chicken in a coup.

He could take a skipping rope (or something like it)make a small circle.And make the teacher stand in it.

Then he could ask them questions like

1, would they like to be in this circle for the rest of their life

2, Would they be happy to play, eat ,sleep and go to the loo in it

3, And while they did 1 and 2 would they be happy to be watch by thousands of people. Or have photos taken as they did so. :good:

xxxxSuzy

He could take a skipping rope (or something like it)make a small circle.And make the teacher stand in it.

Then he could ask them questions like

1, would they like to be in this circle for the rest of their life

2, Would they be happy to play, eat ,sleep and go to the loo in it

3, And while they did 1 and 2 would they be happy to be watch by thousands of people. Or have photos taken as they did so. :good:

xxxxSuzy

Mrs Sweepy, that is how I suggested he argue and sell it to the rest of the class. They don't get the high brow stuff, but given that none of them can sit still, stay quiet or confine themselves to their desks for more than 2 minutes - getting them to imagine sitting at their desk the whole morning with no break time, then the whole day, then sleeping there, then waking up there [and repeat until they die].

The domestication of animals should be out of a need for food, not for personal pleasure. It is a part of mans evoloution to find ways of providing food, and this started with the domestication of sheep. We did this to make our lives easier through trade or to eat. Unless we are doing this for the sake of feeding ourselves and our family, then it is of no nutritonal or moral gain. If you want to go down the route of cruelty, its not really an issue as the level of conscious awareness required is not applied to most animals such as a budgie in a cage, or a chicken in a coup.

Then why does my parrot keep on at me, 'LET ME OUT, YOU ******* !!'

There is plenty of evidence to show that caged animals engage in repetative, damaging behavior through boredom and lack of interaction. Knawing bars, head banging etc.

Quite a good quote used in philosophy 'The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?"' - Jeremy Bentham

Edited by guest1957