Dark day for cider drinkers

Billy.

Ours does too but from 9 in the morning the same people go in there day after day.....dunno where they get the money from

And to be honest the foods very reasonably priced and edible as well...lol

shaun

I see the exact same here. The town drunks, in the Slug and Lettuce by 09:30 and you see them off on the train home at about 21:30, absolutely hammered. They must be lottery winners from the 90's or something :good:

Edited by harfordwmj

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back to the topic: Cider Drinkers

Didn't the unelected one's sidekick mention strong cider? :good: That would be the trampagne style "White Lightning" and other mind bending strength brews, would it not? :o

I hope he ain't 'aving a pop at my Strongbow ;)

Coming back to the topic: Cider Drinkers

Didn't the unelected one's sidekick mention strong cider? :good: That would be the trampagne style "White Lightning" and other mind bending strength brews, would it not? :o

I hope he ain't 'aving a pop at my Strongbow :lol:

Yes, so basically the higher % of the alcohol vs the volume would push the price up, in the same way they're doing it for spirits. ;)

Isn't this another attempt to hit the binge drinking youth market? Alcopops and white lightening, Fine shove the price up , but in the supermarkets not the pubs. Also leave the good stuff, green goblin, aspall's, weston's etc well alone. Ive never seen a yob in the park drinking a bottle of aspall's cider, or a bottle of younges london ale or the likes either. As an adult if I want to drink myself into oblivion on a saturday night when I have nothing to do on the sunday that is my choice not Alister Darlings.

Edited by alexr

Isn't this another attempt to hit the binge drinking youth market? Alcopops and white lightening, Fine shove the price up , but in the supermarkets not the pubs. Also leave the good stuff, green goblin, aspall's, weston's etc well alone. Ive never seen a yob in the park drinking a bottle of aspall's cider, or a bottle of younges london ale or the likes either. As an adult if I want to drink myself into oblivion on a saturday night when I have nothing to do on the sunday that is my choice not Alister Darlings.

Got to agree. Aspalls is one of may favourites and it's frigging expensive enough already!

I bet the good ciders are treated the same. Thatchers and Aspalls are delicious. The poor old alchies will have to go back to meths and the chavs will just have to mug more grannies. A hike in price sure aint going to stop either of them.

I bet the good ciders are treated the same. Thatchers and Aspalls are delicious. The poor old alchies will have to go back to meths and the chavs will just have to mug more grannies. A hike in price sure aint going to stop either of them.

I'm just about to open my first bottle of white spirit for the evening. Just a nightcap, you know :good:

I don't clasify a Weatherspoons as a good pub These pubs are based on volume trade and are generally poo holes - it's not like a traditional pub

I would rather eat my own poo than in a Weatherspoons or a Harvester.

I would agree their pubs aren't all that and are normally frequented by students who can't afford to drink anywhere else, and people using them as a way to get drunk cheap before moving onto the £4/pint fancy bars later.

Unless you have been unlucky or to the wrong ones I disagree about the food, I have had a beer and curry special in a Weatherspoons and it bloomin lovely and silly money.

Any talk of them buying dodgy beer is nonsense they can do by pure volume, low margin massively high turnover.

My 3 biggest outgoings are petrol, cartridges and cider.

I feel that I am old enough to be suitable outraged.

FM :lol:

I'm only messing with you mate :good:

I understand you're from a part of the country where you pour cider on your cornflakes in the morning :good:

Weatherspoons are taking the place of public librarys in the daytime for the elderly.. The price of 3.8% quality beer is £1.09p this allows sensible drinking in a convivial atmosphere.

Abbot Ale 5% Abbot Reserve 6.8% Bishops finger 5% and a variety of cask ales of around 4.5% sell in my local for £1.99p.

Mondays all these are £1.69p.

This with two meals for £5.99p represents bluddy good value.

Never any aggro even when there may be 3/400 people in.

The tax on cider is yet another goverment fun raising sceam beer is the the new fags when they do away with the drinkers they will up the tax on petrol again you can't win, as for Weatherspoons our local one is allways full of benifit cheats god knows how they can do it i work full time and i can't aford to drink like they do and i don't want to i'd be off shooting.