Swarovski and Ziess scopes on rifles with moderators

gixer1

Folks,

I was speaking to a friend today who was at a local SGA meeting, at this meeting was the owner of a buisness up here called precision rifles (who has a very good reputation for knowing his stuff)

My freind was saying that a point was brought up regarding Swarovski and Ziess withrawing warranties on there scopes if used on rifles (centrefire) with moderators due to the recoil damaging reticules.

I myself have a moderated 243 with a Swarovski PV sitting on top so am keen to know if anyone else has heard anything?

Has anyone heard of this?

Regards,

Gixer

As already said the recoil on a moderated rifle should be less than a unmoderated rifle.

Simply doesn't add up! :good::lol::lol:

You would think so wouldn't you?

However it may be less but it is also different. I can remember using a scope designed for a centrefire rifle on a spring air rifle and it shook it to bits. I was told it was because the recoil was different on a spring air rifle.

Although having said that I would expect a Swarovski or Zeiss to be able to handle whatever was thrown at it recoilwise.

You would think so wouldn't you?

However it may be less but it is also different. I can remember using a scope designed for a centrefire rifle on a spring air rifle and it shook it to bits. I was told it was because the recoil was different on a spring air rifle.

Although having said that I would expect a Swarovski or Zeiss to be able to handle whatever was thrown at it recoilwise.

You would think so wouldn't you :good: ...I've not looked but is there anything on their websites or in their instructions/warranty paperwork with their scopes about this? :lol:

I'm struggling to understand why we are all talking about this, seems like an April 1st gag that has escaped a bit early to me!! :lol:

It's cobblers on every level.

Does anyone honestly think those manufacturers are going to check which gun you used the scope on?

What are they going to do, send a local agent to have a look inside in your cabinet if you make a claim :whistling:

My feelings entirely... :good::lol::lol::whistling:

may not be a wind up at all rather than recoil what about resonance :lol:

Yep it may be, but we are also talking Swarovski or Zeiss!!

It isn't just the glass we pay their crazy prices for, this will destroy them as companies if it is true.....

That will be £2000 please sir, oh yes, don't put it on a rifle with a moderator fitted or we will not honour the warranty! :whistling::whistling:

Not the best sales pitch I have ever heard :hmm::lol::good:

Actually..is this industrial espionage, Leupold, Scmidt & Bender, Nightforce, Nikon, whatever, trying to get rid of some opposition???

The rumors will be rife now...

It's cobblers on every level.

Does anyone honestly think those manufacturers are going to check which gun you used the scope on?

What are they going to do, send a local agent to have a look inside in your cabinet if you make a claim :good:

no just ask for a copy of your certificate with your claim form :lol:

why doesnt someone contact them rather than me wind you swaro /zeiss owners up all day :lol:

right you lazy buggas!

just spoke to zeiss at welwyn garden city 01707-871200 Joseph Begsboel and has confirmed it will be written into new guarantees but will not affect already owned, he could or wouldnt offer an opinion on swaro though but if you contact him he

will e-mail a copy of the new guarantee and explanation as to why :good:

harv

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

Thank you for purchasing this instrument and welcome to the world of Swarovski Optik. Since our founding in 1949, the Swarovski community has been committed to providing an ownership experience, which includes our legendary service that is second to none. We sincerely believe that our optics are the best in the world and put them through rigorous tests to ensure that the name you trust is built to the highest standards. But in the unlikely event that you discover a problem in defects in workmanship or materials, we’ll gladly examine the instrument. Swarovski Optik offers a lifetime warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased by US residents from an authorized Swarovski Optik North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical system is defective we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. Swarovski Optik warrants all other parts of the instrument for ten years from date of purchase against defects in materials or workmanship, subject to normal use. All electronic components are warranted for two years against defects in materials and workmanship, subject to normal use, from date of purchase. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories, tripods etc.) are warranted for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other acts of God. If after the warranty period your instrument needs servicing please call customer service at (800) 426-3089. At Swarovski, we are totally committed to our customer, products and service. Once you have had the pleasure of owning and using our products, we are sure they will become your trusted companions for life. “Any Swarovski Optik product that is purchased in the U.S. that is not imported by Swarovski Optik North America and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S. Swarovski Optik North America Dealer has no Authorized Warranty.” In the event of a defect, please call customer assistance at (800) 426-3089 to obtain a Service Order Number (SO), which will be used to identify your warranty request through its completion. When you call, our customer service representative will give you instructions as to where to send or take the product for service. Whenever you send or take your product to us, please enclose your name, shipping address, daytime phone number, a brief description of the problem, and a copy of the receipt from an authorized U.S. Swarovski Optik North America dealer. Please write the Service Order Number on the enclosure and on the outside of any packaging. We will determine, at our option, whether to repair or replace the instrument. If the instrument is not covered under the warranty, we will contact you with an estimate of the repair price. Any correspondence should be sent to: Swarovski Optik N.A. Ltd. • 2 Slater Road • Cranston, RI 02920 or warrantyrepair@swarovskioptik.at Please do not send us your instrument until we have issued a Service Order Number and instructed you to do so. If you are instructed to return the instrument to us, you are responsible for properly packaging your instrument. You are responsible for insuring the package and assume the risk of loss in transit to us, unless we arrange for transport.

No mention of sound mods and this is the warranty given on a scope.

Edited by harfordwmj