100+ days decoying

proTOM1

Was out today and was joined by my mate and 2 others who shoot the land sometimes . Things were looking good as most cover strips round us have been ploughed in so with ours still only half cut we should get a few ,so we went to our plots for the day , it started slow just a few playing ball then at 11 am it picked up for everyone and by 2pm i was having trouble loading quickly enough it was mad the sky was just full and having spoke to another farmer he said his peas were covered all day . I packed in just before 4pm with a good bag and shattered but worth every minute of it had some great shots and missed a few sitters :oops:

Final pickup was 140

Between the 4 of us we shot just over 600 birds :lol: great day

post-12734-1269716955.jpg

Cheers guys was a cracking day today the wind helped alot but the amount of birds we have around at the moment is crazy have just spoke to 3 farmers all saying they are getting hit on rape peas and some drillings so going to need some more shells me thinks . had an hour in my wood at the end last time this year and shot another 20 birds all full to the brim with peas .

Cheers guys was a cracking day today the wind helped alot but the amount of birds we have around at the moment is crazy have just spoke to 3 farmers all saying they are getting hit on rape peas and some drillings so going to need some more shells me thinks . had an hour in my wood at the end last time this year and shot another 20 birds all full to the brim with peas .

good :oops: stuff tom cant wait to get over there in april looks like plenty to go at but save some for me :lol:

good :yes: stuff tom cant wait to get over there in april looks like plenty to go at but save some for me :hmm:

Im sure there will still be plenty around tho shame you cant get down earlyer ;)

Just getting ready and off for a look about as a really good wind today again

Edited by proTOM1

i wish i could mate but workin all week.had a few good days on rape recent so not to bad.

Yes we have plenty on the rape again now with numbers building every day on the poor patches ,this cold weather we are ment to get this week could slow the growth down some what :D