how much do you pay for carts

Is it me or have carts jumped up about 20% in the last year???

just bought 250 gamebore super game 6s 32grams fibre wad and nearly fell over when he asked for £59 pound :)

any how i asked him why they were so exspensive and he said its because of the rise in metal prices? not sure about that.

and then he turned round and told me he doesent make a penny on them.

is he talking a pile of **** or is this about right ;).

personaly i feal like ive just been raped and paid for the pleasure :yes::huh:

This rape feeling you have?Is it from a good seeing to from say,Katy Perry and Angilina Jolie or one from Mike tyson or the like.If its the former,i wouldnt mind that feeling,but if its big Mike,bbbrrrrr shiver. :)

ive just invested in a large tub of vaseline for my next visit to the gun shop :yes::huh:;):lol: :lol: :lol:

and he will make on them so he is makeing a good profit on £59

It pays to shop around,im not as sophisticated i shoot PROPER PIGEON 30g no6,s loaded locally in stanley co,durham £45 for a slab and thats from a local garden centre :) oh and they are plaswads

Edited by berettaman

Proper pigeon shells £43 in my local gunshop. The gun shop makes 10% profit per slab. Not so sure they were a wise investment. Droped just 2 birds for 25 shots last week. They were not easy , all 45-50 yard shots at birds that would not commit to decoys, but before running out of Rio shells on the same day I was getting 2 shots to1 pigeon average. Rio were £3.00 more , but did not get them as they had run out of 6s.

£59 for 250 thats as dear as .410 carts!! last 2 times i bought a slab of 250 12b cartridges was nearly 2 years ago and i got some fiocchi 32g n06 for £34.00 they was dirty but worked and time after RC competition 28g no6 for £36.00 i found them snappy but they killed it extracts the urine they've gone up by a third in 2 years!! :)

Edited by bicykillgaz

It pays to shop around,im not as sophisticated i shoot PROPER PIGEON 30g no6,s loaded locally in stanley co,durham £45 for a slab and thats from a local garden centre :good: oh and they are plaswads

depends if you have time to shop around i had ten mins out of work and the next gun shop what deals in fire arms and ammo is a 40 mins drive

so in a way i get shafted twice :yes::oops::yes:

No need to worry about a lead ban we wont be able to aford them enyway :no: ,just bought 750 eley first's 8's £108 :no: he'd got no 7.5's, hb pigeon £46 250 he's going to restock next month but told me he's expecting to pay 5% moor and he buy's 10thou at a time,so that mean's 10% to us then :lol::lol:

It's called extra profits for the manufacturers ,Remember the last big hike in cartridge prices first they blamed it on the price of lead but the the lead market price dropped to below what it was before the hike ,Then they blamed it on the cost of fuel but that went down to what it was before the hike and then the blame fell on the euro exchange rate and inflation , Well unless the pound-euro rate dropped by 80% or during the biggest recession for decades inflation suddenly went up 80%!!!!,When in fact wage rises and inflation have remained pretty static and the gunshops/dealers only make 5 quid a thousand even now.

As i have said on this topic today , I went to my local gunshop to stock up and he showed me a letter from lyalvale/express to dealers giving the excuse that due to the increase in the cost of lead on the london metals market they must wack another 10% on the price from April 2nd, and before some one comes out with "if the price of cartridges had followed inflation for the last 25 years we would be paying 25 quid for a box of 25 " ,We would not pay it ,And reloading would be on the same scale as the USA.

Edited by Andy H

Local gun shop tells me that Lyalvale Express has increased cartridge prices on the 2nd April 2010 (by about 8%) due to increase in lead cost since october 2009 on the Londom Metal Exchange.

So prices in the shops will depend on how fast they increase prices and what they have in stock or which make they stock.

But I guess the other manufacture will follow in time.