Hello sir, can we count on Your Vote today?

libs

Tick One Box Only  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get your vote?

• Conservative Party
    • Labour Party
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UKIP
    • Green Party
    • BNP
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Sinn Féin
    • Respect Coalition
    • Ulster Unionist Party
    • DUP
    • SDLP

My top one on votematch was UKIP but I didn't vote on here for them cus I'd look silly :oops:

That's called peer pressure. I don't have that worry as I have no peers :P

I got UKIP 68, BNP 52, con 46, lib 37, lab 26 & Green 20.

Plus I don't give a **** what people think of me.

http://www.votematch.org.uk/

So many members who've used this site have come up with BNP or UKIP as their favoured party that I thought it was worth checking who the site was run by.

Looking at the bottom of the page it is clear that it is run by 'Unlock Democracy' otherwise known as Charter88 which is a political campaign in itself.

The fact that they offer to send a reminder to vote on the 6th May and that they collect IP addresses means I'm not surprised that it seems to favour the minor parties.

I think I'll keep an open mind

I get 58% UKIP and 48% BNP.

However I did think the questions were a bit one sided, you were either for government control of people's lives or for government control of the economy. It tried to pigeon hole you into the left-right paradigm, instead on some issues I would have decided to leave people themselves to make a personal choice on what they want to do.

It is strange, but on this political poll: The shortest political quiz I get 100% Libertarian!

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Plus their chart is more accurate in portraying real political views, being a square where issues are traded for one another rather than a line of: I'm either on the left or the right.

This is what I get for my results on that site:

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%.

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is... LIBERTARIAN

Request more information about libertarianism

LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and

economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one

that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.

Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose

government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate

diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

My vote match results

British National Party: 81%

UK Independence Party: 74%

Conservative Party: 66%

Plaid Cymru: 20%

Labour Party: 17%

Liberal Democrats: 9%

so given that the first two are a waste of vote, tory it is ( and always has been) :oops:

Interesting to see that at this time (8.30am) that discounting Conservatives, BNP has as many votes as all the other parties put together (9 at the moment), I was going to say I'm quite surprised but then I remember various threads on here.

:no: mmm rather depressing

So this is the problem Britain has I see, theyu always mean to vote for the "right" guy but always seem ending up voting the "wrong" guy. With this attitude anyway:

"...so given that the first two are a waste of vote, tory it is ( and always has been) good.gif "

I wouldn't even bother to rise to it KM. It's that old "if you don't go to church then you'll be going to hell" attitude. The only reason people like that always vote conservative, regardless, is that they lack the cajones to vote for a party that will really do something for this country. I believe the correct term for them is "sheep" as they always follow the crowd.

For what it's worth, in my opinion, it is the 3 "leading" parties that are the wasted vote as neither of them have the ability to lead this country forward or have anything aspirational in their policies.

The only party I like is the Liberal Democrats. No spin, No buls*it. The only party to have completely set out future spending.

Conservatives are liars... they will cut so much funding at a time when our economy needs investment. And they WILL increase tax.

Labour...is an absolute waste of space.

UKIP/BNP well....if you want the country to be run by an even bigger idiots!

Everyone keeps saying that they hate the main parties so will settle for one or the other, or just waste their vote on UKIP or the BNP.

The only party I like is the Liberal Democrats. No spin, No buls*it. The only party to have completely set out future spending.

Conservatives are liars... they will cut so much funding at a time when our economy needs investment. And they WILL increase tax.

Labour...is an absolute waste of space.

UKIP/BNP well....if you want the country to be run by an even bigger idiots!

Everyone keeps saying that they hate the main parties so will settle for one or the other, or just waste their vote on UKIP or the BNP.

You've abviously not read some of the other politcal topics & posts. Have to say, I think you're in a minority on here as Libdems are seen as a bit of joke. Lets face it, they've been around for a while in some form or other but they really have had their day. The time is now for some fresh blood to get in on the fight and that blood is UKIP. And if you think the libdems have set out a future spending plan then 1) you haven't read UKIP's policy and 2) you're living in a dream world. Ok, UKIP may still be a "fringe" party, but t make no mistake, they are gaining ground and votes because of their no nonsense approach to politics. Idiots? When was the last time your lot were in power? The 1920's I believe. **** me! If your lot can't manage to get themselves re-elected in nearly 90 years then you really are flogging a dead horse :no::hmm::good:

Edited by Doc Holliday

Oh my oh my. It really is fun to sit and read over the posts here as each puts forward their own "clear blue sky thinking "on what is wrong with the different parties, who should get it and so on. In my book they are all a bunch of shysters and none deserve to run the country. Perhaps that is why a hung parliament might be the best option at this stage in the country's devolution :no:

Pushkin. :hmm:

The thing is that I think you can put together any opinion poll you like and eventually come up with answer that just might make you happy.

The one that counts though is when we all go into those little polling booths on 6 May and mark an X against one candidate with the government issue stumpy pencil, affixed with a piece of string to the polling booth just in case someone might think aforesaid pencil was of use and might try to nick it - or maybe the polling booth itself which anyone who is a bit handy with carpentry tools could convert into a Punch & Judy Stage - kind of appropriate maybe with the way that Brit politics work!

One thing you can be sure of on 7 May [ or thereabouts ] is that we will NOT have a Liberal Government, not an UKIP Government nor a BNP Government.

We might have a Labour Government [heaven forbid another 5 years or so of Gordo & the noble Lord Mandelson]

We might have a hung Parliament which will give some of the oddballs their five seconds of fame whilst we watch the UK share prices collapse and the GBP do likewise as the rest of the world finally gives up on UK plc. It will inevitably mean no full term government and another General Election within a year to eighteen months as the oddballs by then will be chucking the toys out of their prams as they have not been granted some silly little concession or other.

We might have a Conservative Government which will mean at least a change after 13 years of Labour and which offers a chance...... so far, their policies and ideas seem to be ticking the right boxes.

One thing we will not have is that Scottish Labour candidate who insulted the elderly on Twitter. A pint to the first OAP who blatters him with his/her zimmer frame! What a hero he or she will be.

The choice is ours!

The thing is that I think you can put together any opinion poll you like and eventually come up with answer that just might make you happy.

The one that counts though is when we all go into those little polling booths on 6 May and mark an X against one candidate with the government issue stumpy pencil, affixed with a piece of string to the polling booth just in case someone might think aforesaid pencil was of use and might try to nick it - or maybe the polling booth itself which anyone who is a bit handy with carpentry tools could convert into a Punch & Judy Stage - kind of appropriate maybe with the way that Brit politics work!

One thing you can be sure of on 7 May [ or thereabouts ] is that we will NOT have a Liberal Government, not an UKIP Government nor a BNP Government.

We might have a Labour Government [heaven forbid another 5 years or so of Gordo & the noble Lord Mandelson]

We might have a hung Parliament which will give some of the oddballs their five seconds of fame whilst we watch the UK share prices collapse and the GBP do likewise as the rest of the world finally gives up on UK plc. It will inevitably mean no full term government and another General Election within a year to eighteen months as the oddballs by then will be chucking the toys out of their prams as they have not been granted some silly little concession or other.

We might have a Conservative Government which will mean at least a change after 13 years of Labour and which offers a chance...... so far, their policies and ideas seem to be ticking the right boxes.

One thing we will not have is that Scottish Labour candidate who insulted the elderly on Twitter. A pint to the first OAP who blatters him with his/her zimmer frame! What a hero he or she will be.

The choice is ours!

So very very well said!

"We might have a hung Parliament which will give some of the oddballs their five seconds of fame whilst we watch the UK share prices collapse and the GBP do likewise as the rest of the world finally gives up on UK plc.

Very accurate portrayal, the UK Government is indeed a business and we are all employees.