Which Cartridges

Hi Everyone

I was wondering which are the most popular cartridges out there and what do you pay for them. At present present I have been quoted £105 for 500 Gamebore Clear Pigeon (fibre), £54 for 250 Victory (not sure if plastic or fibre) !! As I shoot mainly clays this has made me cough a bit, I pay about £140 per 1,000 (28g 71/2) I realise I won't match that price (but also an unlikely to be buying 200 a week). I just want a feel if thats about right, as about 3 years I was stiffed into paying £200 per 1,000 for cartridges went after getting a bit of advise the price went down to £120 for better cartridges.

Thanks for the advise :ernyha::lol:

Guest topshot_2k

Clear pigeon 30g #6 about £50/250 or Eley HB pigeon 32g #6.5 for similar money - both very good cartridges for pigeons/rabbits etc

RC SIPE 32g #5 fibre £58/250

Clear pigeon 30g #6 about £50/250 or Eley HB pigeon 32g #6.5 for similar money - both very good cartridges for pigeons/rabbits etc

RC SIPE 32g #5 fibre £58/250

hull comp x are good cheap carts (clays) m8 ... 21g's are £130 per 1000 ( ish at min ) have been known to drop to £120 mark

hull comp x are good cheap carts (clays) m8 ... 21g's are £130 per 1000 ( ish at min ) have been known to drop to £120 mark

I have been shooting Hull comp X 21g for skeet practice recently, but changed to Eley 21g 71/2, as they seemed to be faster and need significantly less lead, and are still only £130/1000. Using 21g Eleys also on sporting clay stands and they don't seem to miss any more than my 24g loads. Sorry, can't tell you about live game though.

Edited by Bloke

Have to say more and more people are using this load as the 32gms is starting to get silly prices.

doc

And to be honest Doc,28g 7 1/2 carts are up to the job :P as long as you keep it sensible,i usually have a 28g in the first barrel and a 30 or 32g in the second barrel,works just fine for me :lol: BB

most of my shooting is from a hide with crows/pigeons coming into decoys,hence the 28g first barrel,drops them peeeeerfect ;)

Edited by Bluebarrels

Eley First - Fibre Wad 28g, 7s, about 4.50GBP per box of 25

Gamebore Kent Velocity - Fibre Wad 28g 7.5, about 4.30 GBP per box of 25

I shoot with Gamebore's Blue diamond cartridges for clays, I got 1000 for 120 quid as a bin end on Justcartridges.com

J

Guest cookoff013
250 gamebore steel 24g 7 1/2, £30 :(

a top cartridge.

i was very sceptical until a load a guys sugessted using them. i gave them a whirl on clays and was really impressed. they were very cheap. i`d shoot them all the time if i could. they do kick abit.

and they are filthy beggers.

Guest Mr Pieman

I use Lyalvale Supreme Game 32g, fibre 6s for pigeons. A great cartridge but the price can be a bit heavy for some. Last time I brought some they were 256.00GBP per 1000 :good:

• 2 weeks later...
I use Lyalvale Supreme Game 32g, fibre 6s for pigeons. A great cartridge but the price can be a bit heavy for some. Last time I brought some they were 256.00GBP per 1000 :blink:

they are my personal favourite aswell the other is Hull Cartidges 30g 5's but my shotty has a deffinate preference for the Supreme Game's