need help best buy for around £2000

rocko

ive got around £2000 to spend on a 4x4 its going to be used for lamping , taking dogs out and pigeon shooting im looking for something tidy not an old nail, anyone got any advice on which one to go for cheers.

I'm a Disco 300 fan, had 4, got one now.

You'll get a tidy one for £2k if you know what to look for, but LR's do require maintenance, the parts are cheap but you'll need to be able to use a spanner. It's part of the ownership.

Another option for that money IMO would be an Isuzu Trooper 3.1, they are bullet proof and good off road. Jap reliability.

Good Luck :good:

Edited by MITCHF

Jimny or vitara.....

this is for sale on another forum

suzuki jimny sof top

suzuki jimny 1.3 16 valve soft top, full electric pack, alloys, cd player, 53 plate, 58,000 miles, red over silver, 02 model. lovely 4x4 bought as a second car for my wife, too small it seems! new mot. and five months tax, a gift at £2200, may take good air rifle as part payment, can e. mail pics for anyone interested.

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

I am soon to be selling a 1996 SWB Shogun FSH 90000 miles (no air con :good: ) for that money. I will probably regret it, but I have another truck (Isuzu Trooper) coming this week - as part of a deal I did.

I looked at a few before settling on my Shogun and it is a good all-rounder for motorway, fields, lamping, towing, family etc.

To be honest look at everything and anything, buy on condition, because at end of the market there is some real cr*p being sold for good money but you can still get quality if you look around.

Best of luck

If you do decide on a disco, make sure you get one which isnt falling apart with rust. Check the boot floor and the door sills. If they look good, go for it. They are cracking motors, but be prepared to spend as much time underneath it as you do driving it. <_<

when looking a for a new motor i struggled to find a disco in a decent condition for that money (maybe just what was on the market at time ) so after some advice on here i got a frontera 2.2 dti . had to up the budget a bit but well worth it . if i didnt get this a terrano was next choice .