what did you get............

MM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look a bit poncy, but after I got a soaked slip from Saturday (from leaving it on the floor when I was at the stand) I thought I would give it a go.

Funniest bit today was one of the blokes on the other squad took the mickey out of it. Then on third from last stand tripped over his own slip that he had left discarded on the floor and then he conceded that he wanted to get one.

It does look a bit poncy, but after I got a soaked slip from Saturday (from leaving it on the floor when I was at the stand) I thought I would give it a go.

Funniest bit today was one of the blokes on the other squad took the mickey out of it. Then on third from last stand tripped over his own slip that he had left discarded on the floor and then he conceded that he wanted to get one.

Don't be hard on yourself, it'll look great with your zimmer frame and tartan zip up ankle slippers.

Update: I dunno where the gun slip stand came from, webby here:

http://www.gunslipstand.co.uk/

....but I used it for the first time today and could have sold about half a dozen of them.

Cheers to whoever donated it.

Mungler,

I might be wrong about this (nothing unusual about that) but I think it's a mate of DSPUK who makes and sells those stands so it might well have been Dave (DSPUK) who donated it. Might be worth a PM.

Your post and the fact that I have just brushed a pound of mud off my nearly dry gun slip has reminded me that I've got one of those lurking in the garage somewhere, must dig it out tomorrow and stick it in the car for the next time it rains.

Cheers

Mr Potter

Mung, im sure you would look gay regardless regardless what gunslip you used :rolleyes:

I have to admit adding to your Poncyness -- yes I did bring it and it was donated by mate who makes them - if link doesn't work just google gunslipstand. http://www.gunslipstand.co.uk/

A lot of shooters up this way have one - reason being at our straw balers it get's muddy during winter and they are a boon to keep bag clean - only draw back I see is if ground is rock hard but then just lay it over cartridge bag as ground will be dry.

For such an old guy Mr P you memory is still very good :good:

Dave

As one of the last to get my number called I was fortunate enough to get the last remaining Molton Brown smellies box, I'd had my eye on that from the start of the raffle ;)

Saturday was my 12th wedding aniversary & the Mrs was well chuffed with her pressie (NOT) I forgot a card as well :good:

SS

Too true :good:

Anyone, the word is "buy one" and never get mud on or have to bend over to pick your gun slip up again (handy in Suffolk!)

Fennes have a freestanding one like you get attached to golf bags, weight of bag make the legs pop out when placed on the ground £19.99

M.

http://www.gunstand.co.uk/

Edited by MGMan

If you want one I will send you one,

I didn't realise you were there yesterday, although I think I missed a lot of people.

Now there is a gent :good: thanks MC, that would be both useful and great, do you still have my address from when I had those deeks off you?

Me too on missing people to talk to..... many of the badges were either covered up by wet jackets or fallen off..... Shame.

Your offer to see that LR Disco for my mate was very kind ..... I think advice (very good advice) from here put him off a bit as he has gone very quiet! Hopefully he will find a LR Discovery locally.

The Potters were very lucky in the raffle, between us we won the following;

A days guided pigeon shooting for two donated by Anglia Sporting (we're really looking forward to that)

A slab of cartridges

£50 of vouchers for UKShootwarehouse donated by Pigeonwatch

Free entry to 100 bird shoot at Catton Hall, I blagged that from Catton Hall and the boy picked it!

A keg thing of lager, as you might guess the boy picked that I don't drink lager!!!!!!

An orange Autosafe thingy which I passed onto DSPK as he shoots an auto.

Felt slightly guilty that we won so much and others got nothing but as you would expect me to say "it's the luck of the draw" and we did have a combined total of 60 quids worth of tickets.

The run of luck did not, unfortunately extend to last nights lottery ;):P:yay:

Mr Potter and his lager drinking son.

Jesus H, Mr Potter !

You will have a great day with Anglia Sporting, MC and I did a day last year and will probably do another this year :good:

young Jay won it, but then swapped some of my stuff :good: and i ended up with it :P

I hope that you arent pulling my chain mate. ;) If you are serious please PM me your address as I have them here.

Fennes have a freestanding one like you get attached to golf bags, weight of bag make the legs pop out when placed on the ground £19.99

M.

http://www.gunstand.co.uk/

I have just bought one of those from Fennes to replace my chrome stick one -- Of the two the stick type is easier to get on with provided you can find a bit of soft ground to stick it in -- The one with legs that spring out needs a bit more fine tuning -- the square aluminium tube needs to be longer so it's at least height of top gun slip strap fixing - when you take gun out the slip tends to keel over sideways and the stand tips over - you can put your bag over the top bracket and that steadies stand - also the slip fixing needs a bit more thinking about - I managed to get mine good enough with a few cable straps but at 20 quid it's good enough.

Comes winter I shall change back to stick type.

Dave

Too true :stupid:

Anyone, the word is "buy one" and never get mud on or have to bend over to pick your gun slip up again (handy in Suffolk!)

Time for PW discount :hmm: no better advertising than having them out there on display :good: :good: :hmm: