Mexican Oil Spill

Fisherman Mike

It’s about time our new PM started standing up to the Americans and performed his first major act of statesmanship. The Yanks are bleating about BP,s performance in dealing with the Oil leak in the Mexican gulf, and Obama and his regime are systematically undermining and stealthily dismantling one of the great British Companies with their anti BP rhetoric. Doesn’t he know that directly an American company was responsible for the spillage? Yes it’s a disaster environmentally but BP have taken full responsibility to fund the clean up. The whole situation has distracted from BO’s failing administration and has presented itself as the ideal opportunity for the American Government to put up a massive smoke screen. I thought they were supposed to be our allies. ? Always the same with the Yanks all over the world everyone else is to blame but themselves….When the going gets tough…..

A Government using a "situation" to distract from the day to day problems of their country ?

Now thats a new one. :hmm:

Tony Haywood the CEO of BP is a bigger problem to BP that Obama.

Some of his statements in the early days of this crisis were unbelievable.

Definitely a "dead man walking".

The American company "responsible" for the leak was a contractor, directly employed by and under the control of BP management.

There has been such a rush to drill in deeper waters that the "what happens if ?" fell by the wayside.

The buck stops with BP and Tony Haywood in particular, the man is a buffoon.

The Yanks are experts at undermining foreign trade in this way. Look at the fuss they made over the Toyota problem, and before that they litigated against Porsche because a driver wasn't good enough to handle the car. Obama keeps on calling it British Petroleum, not BP as it has been known for over ten years. This is no accident. He knows what he is doing.

Gents as you know like Pilchards I am an Oil man with over 20 years in the game at a fairly high level and have more information on my desk than is in the public domain, from what I am seeing BP are making a very good job of trying to right wrongs in an incredibly challenging environment……. It should not have happened and I am sure the focus will be who did what and why at a later date. For now the overriding facts are all that can be done is being done don’t for one min think BP are not pushing every single ounce of efforts on this one and I expect they will manage to kill the formation producing via the relief wells with an induction of heavy mud that will overcome the formation pressure.

IMHO it would not have happened in the UK and for anyone who thinks the show on Sky oil riggers is an true reflection of standards in the UK is very wrong

I couldn't give a rats **** if it is British Petrolium. American Petrollium, or Canadian Petrollium the fact is the company decided to not install a blow out protector as the cost was too high. To me this makes that company not only responsible but accountable.

NTTF

isn't that what the American made object that has failed on the seabed is?

There is another side to this that if drilling gets restricted and the price goes sky high the yanks with their high demand are going to score one hell of an own goal.

isn't that what the American made object that has failed on the seabed is?

There is another side to this that if drilling gets restricted and the price goes sky high the yanks with their high demand are going to score one hell of an own goal.

but if you have oil to sell its another story......... see a plan forming anyone :hmm:

A Government using a "situation" to distract from the day to day problems of their country ?

Now thats a new one. :hmm:

Tony Haywood the CEO of BP is a bigger problem to BP that Obama.

Some of his statements in the early days of this crisis were unbelievable.

Definitely a "dead man walking".

The American company "responsible" for the leak was a contractor, directly employed by and under the control of BP management.

There has been such a rush to drill in deeper waters that the "what happens if ?" fell by the wayside.

The buck stops with BP and Tony Haywood in particular, the man is a buffoon.

Yes I agree he is, and hasnt handled the situation at all well ( expuse the pun) However if the Same applies to the UK/US petroleum industry as it does to the Construction Industry this American subcontractor will no doubt be tied up in cross contractual warranties tighter than a camels *** in a sandstorm. I wouldnt be suprised to see BP,s lawyers launch a counter claim against Halliburton for Liquidated and Ascertained damages of a reciprocal value or pro-rata that of the value Americas legislation will be sueing BP for.

Halliburton is a massive company globally, bigger than BP and they dont seem to have the knowhow to eliviate the spillage caused by their own faulty workmanship.....a point which seems to have gone unnoticed by the American admistration.

"Halliburton may also be implicated in the oil spills in the Timor Sea off Australia in August 2009 and in the gulf of Mexico in April 2010 for improper cementing. An investigation is underway as to the cause of the Australia spill."

So stick that up your *** Mr Obama.. I rest my case....just hope we give them a good stuffing come Saturday.

Yes I agree he is, and hasnt handled the situation at all well ( expuse the pun) However if the Same applies to the UK/US petroleum industry as it does to the Construction Industry this American subcontractor will no doubt be tied up in cross contractual warranties tighter than a camels *** in a sandstorm. I wouldnt be suprised to see BP,s lawyers launch a counter claim against Halliburton for Liquidated and Ascertained damages of a reciprocal value or pro-rata that of the value Americas legislation will be sueing BP for.

Halliburton is a massive company globally, bigger than BP and they dont seem to have the knowhow to eliviate the spillage caused by their own faulty workmanship.....a point which seems to have gone unnoticed by the American admistration.

"Halliburton may also be implicated in the oil spills in the Timor Sea off Australia in August 2009 and in the gulf of Mexico in April 2010 for improper cementing. An investigation is underway as to the cause of the Australia spill."

So stick that up your *** Mr Obama.. I rest my case....just hope we give them a good stuffing come Saturday.

Take it from me the American public is mad at everyone right now. Obama, BP officials, everybody. Mr Hope and Change has been a big let down for a lot of people and this whole situation has really made it worse for him.

As for the game Saturday, BRING IT ON!!

TEAM USA BABY!

Take it from me the American public is mad at everyone right now. Obama, BP officials, everybody. Mr Hope and Change has been a big let down for a lot of people and this whole situation has really made it worse for him.

TEAM USA BABY!

Bring it on indeed my colonial cousin...... :hmm:

England 4 USA Zilch. Rooney hattrick :hmm:

TEAM USA BABY!

And i know something you dont know and team oilfield USA is going to come out smelling almost as bad as BP trust me :hmm:

PS England win and Obama rings Cameron to offer congrats the best team won :hmm:

And i know something you dont know and team oilfield USA is going to come out smelling almost as bad as BP trust me :hmm:

PS England win and Obama rings Cameron to offer congrats the best team won :hmm:

Hi Pavman, what's the SP on BP shares - buy now or hold on a bit longer? :hmm:

p.s. - was it you who had the Macski kayak?

Mr Hope and Change has been a big let down for a lot of people and this whole situation has really made it worse for him.

Yes, he does seem to have lost an awful lot of public support.

monthly_total_approval_may_2010.jpg

Still, i suppose that's what you get if you vote in a 'Trophy President' :hmm: