buying cartridges

Hi i am looking at buying cartridges in a large ammont 15000 upwards and i am looking at getting them at a slightly cheaper price as i do a lot of pigeon shooting with others any ideas of contacts when i try the manufacturers direct i am told i have to be a registered dealer cheers Fenny

Hi i am looking at buying cartridges in a large ammont 15000 upwards and i am looking at getting them at a slightly cheaper price as i do a lot of pigeon shooting with others any ideas of contacts when i try the manufacturers direct i am told i have to be a registered dealer cheers Fenny

Try a search this has been covered before have you tried asking Just cartriges or These at around 10k you may have enough powder to need an explosives cert

my local keeper once went to buy a great load and was told by the gunshop that he cannot buy and hold more than 10k at anytime unless you have a different license (not shotgun cert)

but i may of been misinformed

If you buy 10,000 cartridges and they have 30 grains of powder in each one then you have 19 1/2 kilos of powder in them.

hmmm

Getting an RCA document

The Regulations that require an RCA document apply to the following explosives used in shooting and historical re-enactment:

gunpowder (U.N. no. 0027) - if carried by the user from its place of keeping to a range; and

other components of small arms ammunition intended for resale.

They do not apply to gunpowder if it is used to load small arms ammunition at home, or to other components of small arms ammunition which are intended for private use.

When being transferred ALL explosives covered by the Regulations must be accompanied by a document known as a Recipient Competent Authority document (RCA). These documents are issued by the Health and Safety Executive's Explosives Inspectorate.

Storing explosives

You can store a limited quantity of certain explosives without a registration or licence. For the types of explosives used by shooters and reenactors the maximum quantities of explosives that can be stored without a licence or registration are:

15kg of percussion caps and/or small arms ammunition;

10kg of gunpowder (black powder, UN number 0027), and

a further 5kg of any one or more of the following:

gunpowder,

smokeless powder

any explosive listed on Schedule 1 of the Control of Explosives Regulations 1991. This includes the articles listed in the table below.

From http://www.hse.gov.uk/explosives/information/shooting.htm

Its a bit of a risk if you find you don't get on with the cartridges after all that. And you may well find that its not that much cheaper either. Also the police may have issues with you storing that many. Where can you keep them? You will almost certainly be breaching some obscure fire regs or something.

Edited by Vince Green

Its a bit of a risk if you find you don't get on with the cartridges after all that. And you may well find that its not that much cheaper either. Also the police may have issues with you storing that many. Where can you keep them? You will almost certainly be breaching some obscure fire regs or something.

your allowed 250 thousand in your proberty by law

You would be well in excess of the maximum amount of powder (5kg) you are allowed to store under an FAC at home. I used to have a friend that bought 30,000-40,000 at a time and distributed them among his friends, these he bought direct at the manufacturer thought he was a retailer !!. he was usually ordering a whole mix of carts for different people.

A