Pigeon Watch Wrecking Trip, Newhaven

Evil Elvis

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baz / All,

Are we fishing as one team of nine, nine teams of one or someone in between?

Would personally prefer that we do it as a collective team as it leads to less gripes about what position people get on the boat etc. You know the score :blink:

By the same token I would advocate, specimens apart, we all share our spoils collectively?

What say you all?

PS - When is MC going to volunteer organising the Pigeon Watch Fillet & Release t-shirts?

:blink: I usually keep what i catch but we have had days where weve shared them.i dont mind how its done, as long as we have a nice day out!!!

Mc is great at skinning skate, hes done a few for me, got it off pat really. I hope to test his skills on a few dozen pollack!! :yes:

Edited by Evil Elvis

I will be flying solo and have never done it any other way if I don't catch its my fault and I don't expect to share others efforts if I fail, it has to be a per head deal and we can have a bit of banter along the way as fish come in (or not)

I still have to get the day off!

Me Paid!!!

Bob Paid!!!

Mc Paid!!!

Pavman?

Raja Clavata Paid!!!

Mungler Paid!!!

MZUNGU MJINGA Paid!!

Zapp Paid!!

Bagsy Paid!!!

Baz how do you want payment my hols have been granted, what about lures etc we need a chat............ tried calling Mart cant get him

Edited by pavman

;) By "popping" down to Southend (27 miles doh) to collect the sidewinders, i saved enough postage to get a few extra...we have tons now. The guy then tells me they need to be kept dry etc, i have bought a lure bag £25 which has several boxes in it.

After the trip we either divide up the lures that are left or keep them together and ill look after them, leaving them in the bag for future trips, because if this goes ok i will be organising some more.

The lures look the mutts but smell divine................. :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Just spoke to john the skipper.

The local inshore report is winds 5-9...which is almost non existant so it all looks a goer!!!

30lb line minimum, for the redgilling, you can use braid if you want.

I checked with john, the hire gear is tip top.

make sure you have 3-5 10 ounce leads each.

At slack water you will be able to do one of 3 things:

fish for cod and pollack with bait (mackerel)

Fish for bream with light gear...I have not personally ever caught a bream so that would be cool.

Fish for conger!!!

Yesterday they had cod to 22lb, pollack to 15-16lb, a turbot and a big bull huss, so its fishing well at the moment.

Food wise, john supplies tea and coffee all day, if you want anything heated up he has a mmicrowave on board....he said bring pleanty of cold drins and sunscreen its been very very hot out there.

We are to meet at the cafe for breakfat at 0700 and will be afloat from 08.00 to 16.00ish. :shoot::wub::P:)