Pigeon Watch Wrecking Trip, Newhaven

Evil Elvis

;) MC asked me if I knew any good wrecking boats on the south Coast and it just so happens that I do. The last time I went out in the boat i had Pollack to 17lb (they go like steam trains) and cod to over 20lb.

They dont use redgills anymore (typically I have loads) They use a new one called the sidewinder.

It will be in August and during the week, once we have enough people i will discuss dates.

So far we have:

Me

Mc

Pavman?

Raja Clavata?

Any other takers?

Just so no-one accuses me of exaggerating:

b_140610.jpg

and before anyone says it, no i dont think the pollack in the picture is the 17lb one :lol:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) MC asked me if I knew any good wrecking boats on the south Coast and it just so happens that I do. The last time I went out in the boat i had Pollack to 17lb (they go like steam trains) and cod to over 20lb.

They dont use redgills anymore (typically I have loads) They use a new one called the sidewinder.

It will be in August and during the week, once we have enough people i will discuss dates.

So far we have:

Me

Mc

Pavman?

Raja Clavata?

Any other takers?

Just so no-one accuses me of exaggerating:

b_140610.jpg

and before anyone says it, no i dont think the pollack in the picture is the 17lb one :lol:

Reminds me of cod into double figures we used to catch off the rock marks in the Bristol Channel many moons ago, sadly not there in any numbers now though....good luck on the trip :w00t:

:lol: Wow that would be cool, ive had cod to 25lb in boats but my biggest fron the shore is about 3lb!!!

So we have:

Me

Bob

Mc

Pavman?

Raja Clavata?

Mungler...and you can borrow gear...but I aint wipin your áss...ill be off duty!!

Rascal

Zapp...gear will not be a problem. its newhaven

HenryD?

Ok thats 9 Thatll do

Matt (ME) what about you dude? if raja, pavman or henry dont make it? You have your sealegs...itll be a laugh? Novices usually do best!!

As far as gear is concerned im sure the skipper has some, but i could kit out at least 3.

Dates:

What about 3,4,5 th OF aUGUST, THE NEARER YOU GET TO SEPTEMBER THE MORE CHANCE YOU HAVE OF GETTING BLOWN OFF SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

My diary appears to be clear. Any idea of the kind of cost involved?

I believe it is £450 for the boat for the day, not sure about rod hire etc but I imagine it will be about £60 a head ish.

Compulsory im afraid..................

Im not sure if he charges for tackle or not, but i have loads of roads and reels. The thing we need to do is get an order of sidewinders together. :good:

And a lead weight mould.

What sort of weight were you using last time? I assume about 10 - 12 oz