price for fresh pigeon

Sell to restaurants and you'll get around £1 a pigeon crown.

Don't faff about with feathering them. You can crown a pigeon in less than 20 seconds with practice.

Really? we can get them from the game dealer at that price whole and plucked ,so we can use the rest of the bird to make stock or consemme. :good: just thinking maybe he does us a good price as he knows i shoot and sometimes sell them to him. Give me a minute and I will call one of my friends and see how much hes paying for them

nick

Ok i called him and he said he is just buying breasts off the bone and paying £1.00 each :good: :blink:

Even easier then.

Rip the feathers back on the chest and slice a knife against the breast bone. Easy :blink: and no need to open the bird

how much can i expect to be paid for fresh pigeon:- 25 - 35 pence depending.

where do you get them prices mate? our local gamedealer--bestwicks- only give 15p fresh or frozen?

He was asking about selling to butchers not game dealers.

I've no idea whether they need a licence or not to buy pigeons. What I do know is that you will get more per bird selling fresh direct to a butcher, pub or restaurant than weighing them in at a game dealers. I used to get double per rabbit from my local butcher than a game dealer paid and three to four times the going rate for leverets.

Edited by UKPoacher

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to take shot pigeon to around the harrogate area and say surrounding 10 miles? Butchers only seem to want them now and then and not that many at a time :drinks:

Cheers

how much can i expect to be paid for fresh pigeon:- 25 - 35 pence depending.

where do you get them prices mate? our local gamedealer--bestwicks- only give 15p fresh or frozen?

He is doing you then as he pays us 25p fresh or frozen plus he has a nice drive to pick them up :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you process the birds in any way it is YOU the hunter who needs all the relevent meat hygene qualifications and a registered and inspected astablishment to process the birds.

If you don't you are breaking the law!

It's much easier just to sell them on unprocessed in the feather.

Mark.