Which one?

tenbears10

I was out rough shooting for about 5 hours yesterday and my arm was knackered from carrying my O/U. I have been thinking about an S/S for a while now and the ache in my arm made me think a bit harder.

So what I am after really is what do I need to look for when buying a S/S? I have had a look on guntrader.co.uk and there seems to be a lot of difference in price (I looked at a couple of listings and realised the price was £45,000 :lol: )

Can you get something decent for £300 - £400? If so what makers should I look for? There seem to be hundreds.

Should I be looking at the same barrel length and stock length as my O/U?

Any other info you can think of gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I have an Arizaga S/S sidelock cost me £400 IIRC, people look at it thinking its a purdey or similar.

I used to shoot a Berretta S/S hammer gun but it wasnt an ejector, only comes out for knockabout days now.

I found I had trouble with the O/U after a few years with a S/S,

plenty out there to be had look in your local gunshops, and try a few.

depends if you have a raised churchhill rib, these help get a more familiar sight picture, but you still have those two barrels stopping you seeing the bird so easily.

i only recently shot a s/s for the first time, having only used semi's and o/u for the rest of my shooting, and to be honest i couldnt see why everyone makes such a fuss about it, it only bothered me when i lost sight of the bird on a looper target becuase of the barrels stopping the view either side of the rib.