Owner of a Beretta 686E from Plymouth who purchased gun Sept 09

Hacker

Hi guys,

A bit of a strange one here.

I had a Beretta for sale last September it wasnt actually advertised here but there was a chap from Plymouth that contacted me via pigeon watch PM after seeing a several year old advert for another Beretta (I know how strange that sounds!). The chap was something to to with the navy in Plymouth and he collected the gun from myself in Exeter one Saturday morning.

Anyway I need to get hold of him, as I have just had visit from the firearms for an address change. It appears that they have been very slack with any email transfers and have a massive backlog and the gun is still appearing on my ticket. As sod law dictates the backup of my email has been corrupted (before I moved to gmail) so I cant find his details that I sent in to them.

If he or someone that thinks they know him could ask him to get in contact!

Cheers

Simon

im glad norfolk police make us fill in paper forms and fax them the details , luss giving me a hard copy to keep.

:good:

The FEO said to continue to email future transfers, just getting a read receipt. I wouldn't lose it now I'm on gmail but heh ho.

im glad norfolk police make us fill in paper forms and fax them the details , luss giving me a hard copy to keep.

:good:

You say that, but I had a very simular accident not so long ago about a transphere I did a year ago.

Always keep a seperate record is my advise!

Do you not still have copy of the PM in your private messages folder on PW? Either inbox or sent items??

edit - just checked my PM's and I've got stuff going back 3 years in there...

Thanks I checked that but unfortunately I must have deleted them both my inbox/sent items are empty :angry:

Did he pay by cheque? You might be able to speak to your bank to get a copy of it

Also did you speak to him over the phone? There may be a number on your phone bill

Unfortunately he paid by cash. And that was a good shout but just checked phone bill and nothing I think it was arranged over pm

Hang on a minute! Your FEO has made a mess of this not you. Why can't he get on his computer and tap in the serial number of the gun that should still be on your record to find out where it went? The buyer would have informed his force of the transfer too so surely it will be logged on the system that way?

Hang on a minute! Your FEO has made a mess of this not you. Why can't he get on his computer and tap in the serial number of the gun that should still be on your record to find out where it went? The buyer would have informed his force of the transfer too so surely it will be logged on the system that way?

They haven't said I'm in trouble if can't find the details but they suggested I try to find out. The thing is the guy lived in Plymouth which is still Devon and Cornwall police and if he emailed then we are both in the same boat?

i thought you had to write the buyers details on your shotgun certificate,

andrew

I don't know I was told by my original FEO to simply cross out the gun on my certificate and then contact them with the details of the new owner

I always write a sale at end of my certificate just for my own records just in case the copied one get's lost if my computer crashed.

It helps me and I am sure it would help firearm dept when renewal is up.

Dave

Thanks for all the useful suggestions, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'll definitely do things differently should I sell another gun

Unfortunately I'm still no closer to finding the person

<_<

:good::sly: FAX...Flippen 'ek...then there was the teleprinter as well...anyway...email is very capable of giving you are hard copy...it's that button that says print! <_<

ATB!! :good:

The police have acknowledged that the fault is at their end.

They have asked if you can help.

You have tried.

Print off this entire thread and send it to them with a note saying you have tried but without success.

This thread should prove to them that you have tried very hard and that you are a highly responsible person.

Some brownie points there for you.

Anyway, it will eventually be solved. You entered the details of the gun on the buyer's certificate as required by law. When he renews his certificate within the next 5 years, the ownership of that gun will be regularised.