eating grass

darren m

why oh why :unsure: do dogs eat grass ,

i,ve had various dogs over the last 30 years ( i,m 45 ) , and non have done this to this extent where i,m sure my pup things its a cow :yes:

my 6 month old springer pup would rather go off and eat grass than play with me :hmm:

i can send her for a retrieve , she'll run out pick it up drop it and start munching on the grass.

even if we are out walking she heads straight for the grass and starts eating , same at home in the garden .

why is she doing this , is a blade of grass more interesting than me :) is it a pup thing

shes cant be hungry , she as JWB pup/junior and raw tripe twice a day

she eats that much grass that it comes out in her poo sometimes making it difficult to pass :welcomeani:

any one really know

why oh why :good: do dogs eat grass ,

i,ve had various dogs over the last 30 years ( i,m 45 ) , and non have done this to this extent where i,m sure my pup things its a cow :hmm:

my 6 month old springer pup would rather go off and eat grass than play with me ;)

i can send her for a retrieve , she'll run out pick it up drop it and start munching on the grass.

even if we are out walking she heads straight for the grass and starts eating , same at home in the garden .

why is she doing this , is a blade of grass more interesting than me :yes: is it a pup thing

shes cant be hungry , she as JWB pup/junior and raw tripe twice a day

she eats that much grass that it comes out in her poo sometimes making it difficult to pass :D

any one really know

My springer now 8years old, does the exact same has been eating grass since he was a pup, whenever he is out CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP !!!

i thought mine was part cow the way he carries on, he only goes for the choice stuff the greener the better, and it takes about 5 mins for him to have a sh#t.

One reason dogs eat grass is because it makes them sick! Dogs that use grass to binge and purge do so because of a build up of bile in their stomachs. The gallbladder produces bile and it is excreted into the stomach to aid in the digestion of fats. On an empty stomach, bile can cause an acidic or sick feeling that triggers the dog to eat grass in order to vomit up whatever is making them feel ill. Most often, the dog vomits up the bile and grass combo only to then dive into their breakfast a few minutes later as if nothing ever happened. Bigrob.