Hide Poles Again

plexer

Ok guys I have just searched and gone through all the old posts regarding hide poles but just wanted to run a couple of things past you all.

I know I can buy a set of 4 for £45 with a bag etc.... plus delivery.

Have been looking at alternative diy options and seen the clothes prop style idea. Have seen a couple of people mention storm poles/banksticks and this is my main focus can get some nice aluminium banksticks with spikes and thumbscrew locks for £5.99 each that extend to around 6ft these look like a good idea anyone have any drawbacks on these?

Also looking at the painting roller extendable handles got one here that is a harris one that extends from 1 - 2m and screwfix sell them for £4.99 each http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.js...=78203&id=12639

The banksticks are plain aluminium but if they have the net in front of/around them does the colour really matter?

Cheers,

Ben

Got some poles from my local haskins garden center. They were £5 reduced to £3.50. Made of metal 1.5m with one flattened spike end and a cap at the other end made for hanging wire fences but seemed ideal for a hide net. Bargain !! Took a couple of pics but have no idea on how to post them.

Wilcos own washing line poles (£2.99 Each) , cut down painted with Ebay cheepy paint and flattened and cut to a point on the end

SPOT ON!!

WB

Cor Blimey !!! you've been splashing out mate, last time we went out shooting it was sticks from the hedge :lol::D

Some times a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do !!

They are Smashin too !!!

• 4 months later...

Ok here goes.... go down to B&Q or Homebase ect ect and look for some extendable washing line poles these are ideal the extend quite a way then go home and weld a pole along the bottom of it horizontaly and then put to prongs vertically off the pole and wola all done! :yp: p.s hope this makes sence or ill be getting my scetch pad out :):D

newfolder063.jpg

Ones I made ealier. My mate has pinewood poles and his don't even come close to being as solid as these cheapo home made ones

Hide poles made from washing line poles. These were £1.88 each. Cheap stainless steel bolts cut down, bit of welding and drilling. Hey presto set of 5 hides poles for less than a 10 spot :D :yp:

newfolder063.jpg

newfolder064.jpg

Jonno

Ones I made ealier. My mate has pinewood poles and his don't even come close to being as solid as these cheapo home made ones

Hide poles made from washing line poles. These were £1.88 each. Cheap stainless steel bolts cut down, bit of welding and drilling. Hey presto set of 5 hides poles for less than a 10 spot :):)

newfolder063.jpg

newfolder064.jpg

Jonno

newfolder063.jpg

Hide poles made from washing line poles. These were £1.88 each. Cheap stainless steel bolts cut down, bit of welding and drilling. Hey presto set of 5 hides poles for less than a 10 spot :D :yp:

newfolder063.jpg

newfolder064.jpg

Jonno

Hide poles made from washing line poles. These were £1.88 each. Cheap stainless steel bolts cut down, bit of welding and drilling. Hey presto set of 5 hides poles for less than a 10 spot :):)

newfolder063.jpg

newfolder064.jpg

Jonno

Jonno

You are getting as tight as you know who (markbivvy) :):/:) :o

PS you have 2 nice sets there they are identical you want to sell a set :P:P:P:P