rabbits

mossy835

went out with the ferrets today me and the 2 boys out for 4 hours, we got 4 and one sliped though the net the boy put the ferret in the hole but did not put a net there so out come the rabbit and off he went,going again tomorrow,with a gun whats the rate for rabbits.

Edited by mossy835

Local butcher takes all of them in fur except mixied ones @ £1-00.

Done the morning at a local site with the chaps and had 12.

Also had two rabbits the size of my hand (pocketed them) and a squirrel :thumbs:

Put the babs back in the bury when we moved to another.

LB

Been a bumper year for bunnies around here, just starting to see a few in kindle but have loads more to do so will be hard at it for a while yet.

Had an unusual day on Chrimbo Eve; went out with my oppo and ferreted a small field which is bordered on one side by a river, the adjacent side by a brook running into the river. His ferrets bolted a very agitated mink, I had 5 rabbits out of a one hole bury, two of which were caught in one net !!! can't remember when I last had 2 in a net.

Moved on to a bigger bury where I put in two ferrets, they had been working through well when one came to a bolt hole and stood in the entrance, a rabbit came out of the hole jumping over the ferrets back and caught fair and square in the net.

Finished with 16 with no digging, dry weather and home for mid afternoon.

Happy New Year to you all.

Rooster.

• 4 weeks later...

I was out this afternoon only got three,but it was nice weather and got me and the dog out so I do,nt mind,

I bolted two young rabbits just after christmass ,they would have been about 10 weeks old,but they are the only ones i've come across so far,

maybe some of the rabbits I have caught have been carrying young,but as i take mine to the game dealer, and he can only take them with the guts in,I can't be sure.

All the best Mick.

PIC_0007.jpg

Photo from today.

Edited by Fenlander

Thanks for the compliments chaps ,

as to what is in her LB ?,well your guess is as good as mine!

I got her from a rescue as a young adult,I liked the look of her and could see she was made right ,so took a chance,

i've always had my dogs from pups,but as no one is at home in the day did'nt think it was right to take on a pup,

but as my other two dogs are now to old for regular serious work,and I wanted another,I thought i'd take a chance,

it's been hard work ,and she still is'nt up to the standard of training that she would have been if i'd had her from a pup,

but hey what the hell ! i've had some fun with her and she trys to please me ,and we are mates and we get on ok .

I've got her working the lamp well,she marks well,and is a fair ferreting dog,her retriving is fantastic in the house and garden ,but poor in the field :thumbs:

she is not perfect by a long way , but then again neither am I .

oddsandsods021.jpg

All the best Mick.

Thanks for the compliments chaps ,

as to what is in her LB ?,well your guess is as good as mine!

I got her from a rescue as a young adult,I liked the look of her and could see she was made right ,so took a chance,

i've always had my dogs from pups,but as no one is at home in the day did'nt think it was right to take on a pup,

but as my other two dogs are now to old for regular serious work,and I wanted another,I thought i'd take a chance,

it's been hard work ,and she still is'nt up to the standard of training that she would have been if i'd had her from a pup,

but hey what the hell ! i've had some fun with her and she trys to please me ,and we are mates and we get on ok .

I've got her working the lamp well,she marks well,and is a fair ferreting dog,her retriving is fantastic in the house and garden ,but poor in the field :D

she is not perfect by a long way , but then again neither am I .

oddsandsods021.jpg

All the best Mick.

Great post mate, i really enjoyed that. :look: :look:

You are doing a fantastic job as far as im concerned, as its showing in your lurcher. :look: