Talk Talk Broadband any good?

Pheasant Feeder

We have Talk Talk and the service is OK but haggle on the deal because my mate has got the same service as me but cheaper so I'm negotiating with them.

Word of warning though, they convert the line to their own gear so if you do want to go away from them then it will cost you £100+vat to get the line converted back to a BT line.

Touch and Bargepole come to mind the aggro my elderly MIL has had is unreal, no phone for 3 weeks, can't get through to them when you do your cut off...Then they told her she wasn't even with them, in the end I phoned BT and got the line taken over in desperation :good:

Been offered a good deal on talk talk if I switch broadband providers to them (currently with BT).

Just wondered whats everybody's experience's good or bad.

I had a rooter go wrong with talk talk, waited 4 weeks with 5 failed deliverys to my home add, and they ended up at the sorting office , the excuse was the add might have been incorrect, and i said well the bill gets here ok. So as soon as the contract was up, off they went and BT have been very good so far for the last yr+

TEH

I used to have them, price was fine, and phone service good, but whilst the broadband was fast, the connection was dropping upto 10 times a night. Made playing games on the xbox a nightmare, also my download speed was maxing out at around 80 kbps.

Changed to Sky, and whilst connection speed remained the same, connection is far more stable and I my download speed is averaging 500 kbps - 1 mbps depending on time of day.

i have my broadband through talk talk and as soon as the tied period is up i shall be moving to BT, talk talk are ****, at best i get about 4-5 meg during the day and about 1.5 in the evening and since teh kids have been on holiday its **** all day, my mate has BT up the road and g he gets 7-10 most of the time, when you contact talk talk the customer service is rubbish with about 2 trainees manning the call center if you can ever get through, dont waste you time and money

mikee

Been with BT for about when T'internet started. Ok, maybe not the cheapest, with my call plan, £44/month DD and in credit. In the Styx, getting av about 5/6mb download. Eldest , No. 3 in world on WOW, sad bitch, has no problem, if that means owt :good:

Dave

Edited by wy111

I have 2 separate lines and broadband with Talk Talk (personal and business) and while they aren't the fastest, I have not had any real issues with the service or their people when I have needed to contact them.

Pay around £21 for phone line, wireless broadband and unlimited anytime calls to UK landline, 084 and 087 numbers so not a bad deal I don't think :good:

We have Talk Talk and the service is OK but haggle on the deal because my mate has got the same service as me but cheaper so I'm negotiating with them.

Word of warning though, they convert the line to their own gear so if you do want to go away from them then it will cost you £100+vat to get the line converted back to a BT line.

If you ask BT to do a reverse migration/ return to donor you will avoid the reconnection fees!

Talk talk offer lovely terms and conditions, which basically bend you over and take you from behind.

BeBroadband are spot on. I've been with them for years and their underlying policy is that they have no 'fair use policy' and you can transfer as much data as you like.

I usually transfer about 40Gb of data a month. I don't think there's any other ISP which will allow that without sending a horrible letter through the post.

If it's any help, BeBroadband is owned by Telefonica, which in turn owns O2. They all offer a similar deal. However I prefer Be as they don't seem to be under the watchful eye for pirate downloads.

Thanks fella's

Decision made I'll be using the 14 day cool off period to send 'em packing. I've just had a letter from BT offering an even better deal so i'll be staying with them and sending Talk Talk Packing.

Thanks for the replies so promptly.

Hmmm, I've been with BT in the past and found them utterly useless. The mainstream ISPs will usually be a pain and will limit download speeds and generally lie about allowing you full access to the Internet.

Of all the ISPs out there, avoid Virgin at all costs.

Its worth havin either SKY - free Orange contract phone - free (ish) Virgin tv - free

Except Sky's FUP stands at about 20Gb, which isn't that much.

You might think, 'when would I seriously ever do 20Gb in a month?'

...if you own a games console it can be done in a couple of demos and trailers, if you opt for 1080p quality.

******* apt said that and its been down since yesterday :good: BT have been quite good so far though, tested the line found an exchange fault and supposedly fixed it in 24 hours won't know for definite till I'm home but not sure many other providers would be quite that prompt

bt are now joining the list of absolute sheisters, been told 3 times now its fixed then the helpline picks the same fault on the line at the exchange so still no broadband which is a ****** when you could work from home. Nearly lost the plot when the engineer said you need a broadband engineer and that will cost you not a phone engineer but then got put through to the broadband people who put it back to the line people :good::sly:

We've got the Virgin phone, broadband, Vplus and mobile combination - Generally very reliable. They had to replace a modem a couple of years ago, but it was done within 2 days.

If you can get a cable connection, give them a go