stalking oppotunity

Thats my point its guaranteed. In my opinion once something in hunting is put on a plate it loses its appeal. I could have gone down this route many years ago when I first started stalking but didnt. I went the other route and gained experience in the wild hunting wild deer. I am not criticising anybody in this thread, just giving my opinion as I see it. Like I said it may be for you or it may not. Its for the individual to decide.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lads,

It's a job that needs doing as you both have said 243 and al4x but I think we all no your points on it now so thank you, but this post is a good opportunity for new starts or someone looking to feel there freezers with meat or take a good head for the wall.

Like I said before not everyone on this site has stalking. But if this gets more people hunting and they only do one park shoot and get that first deer under there belt then move on to wild stalking with a bit more knowledge is that not a good thing more people hunting??

For the park shoot they don,t need a rifle they don,t need to have done it before, with a good stalker next to them helping out I think it's a good days shooting he's is offering.

Plus it is a man doing his job making a living like the rest of us do!!

Edited by Shotgunspud

lads,

Plus it is a man doing his job making a living like the rest of us do!!

As you stated at the beginning, "your mate is a Deer Park Manager!!!!!!!!!!! So he all ready would be getting paid??? So where does £140 go?

It is good for the Novice to be in a controlled situation and learn about Park Deer. Its the money side i dont see, so who culled the Deer trophy's included before you offered it?:angry:???

Hi,

This is just to gauge interest in this opportunity…

A good friend of mine is a deer park manager who has some culling available on Fallow and Sika deer.

The park is set in fantastic woodlands in Kent with a large amount of deer available. The cost for the cull is £140 with 1 animal and others can be bought on the day. He can guarantee you 1 animal for those that just want the experience, or additional culls can be bought offering a great opportunity (extra beasts price unknown as of yet)

There are large herds of Fallow, Sika, Reds and Pere Davids which can also be taken at an additional cost, which can be discussed on the day. Muntjac, Chinese Water Deer and Roe deer can also be taken, and again costs can be discussed on the day for various animals and medals. The park boasts some of the biggest heads in the UK and reds worldwide, with numerous amounts of gold medals on all species.

Novice stalkers are welcome as you will be accompanied at all times, and more experienced stalkers are also welcome. B&B accommodation can be organised if necessary.

All venison belongs to the park which can be bought at park rates. Heads belong to the lucky shooters.

I would take up the offer :lol:

This is not a critisism as it takes all sorts BUT guaranteed hunting is NOT hunting. The whole point is to enjoy being out there and the freedom of it all to make your heart sing, the fieldcraft leading to the kill is the culmination of all of that. If you want guarantees go buy a washing machine!

Culling park animals is a job that needs doing BUT it's not hunting. However as some say if you want the experience then have a go.

As you stated at the beginning, "your mate is a Deer Park Manager!!!!!!!!!!! So he all ready would be getting paid??? So where does £140 go?

It is good for the Novice to be in a controlled situation and learn about Park Deer. Its the money side i dont see, so who culled the Deer trophy's included before you offered it?:P???

You are obviously not interested in this offer, so why bother asking questions ?

Perhaps the chap is saving the £140's towards a good holiday, whats it got to do with you ?

Its a wonder anyone offers any shooting on this section with negative responses like yours (and a few others). :lol:

You are obviously not interested in this offer, so why bother asking questions ?

Perhaps the chap is saving the £140's towards a good holiday, whats it got to do with you ?

Its a wonder anyone offers any shooting on this section with negative responses like yours (and a few others). :lol:

Hear Hear, well said. Not all of us are so lucky as to be able to just pick up rifle and out and on it. I have the oppertunity here to shoot all species of deer and loads and I mean loads of wild boar. Where did I start? Culling on a park is the answer. No it is not the freedome I now enjoy, but without a start point I would have had no chance. It was a fight by the way to get into the culling on a park in the first place, and here you have it on a plate.

Thoes that want it, take it, it is a great oppertunity.

Intrigued about how they go about arrive at the price. And im sure the bloke could answer this his self with out your "whats it got to do with you" Tisha Attitude oh do check my post again before you add well i surposed this will be dumped, just like a few others. :P

For many people, chances to shoot are few and far between. Some of us put a lot of effort into finding permissions, and yet still have none. It's easy to slate a shooting opportunity, but as long as it's clear what it is and what you are paying for then I can't see the problem. It's not disguised in anyway.

I personally feel like recently I've knocked on more doors than had hot dinners, without getting any permissions, so sometimes opportunities come up, even if it's not the perfect stalk in the bush, but a chance to use a rifle and introduce myself to taking deer.

Maybe some of the people boasting about how wild their shoots are should think about the people who struggle to get land to shoot on. We can't all have the perfect land. I think the lack of available land for shooters is what really dictates the price, if it was so easy to shoot cheaply then people would not pay 140.

Anyway, not intending to offend or anything, but I just thought I'd throw my 2p in, as someone who cannot get land for love nor money.

Edited by jimmy__riddle

It is good for the Novice to be in a controlled situation and learn about Park Deer. Its the money side i dont see, so who culled the Deer trophy's included before you offered it?:D???

A game keeper is already getting paid but do you see him turning away tips do you :D If you need to know about the money how do you think they get winter feed :lol:

So who culled the Deer trophy's included before you offered it?:D??? :good: ....... I don’t understand what you are trying to say here please try again!!

Mate you sound as if you have all the stalking you want so why get into something if you don’t think it’s any good, I am going up to see him this weekend to find out the full price list so there is no hidden cost for anyone, :good:

I will pin him down and find out what he is doing with his £140 just for you. :lol:

Edited by Shotgunspud

U must av the wrong Bloke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: nope, it was definately you.

Chill out stalkerboydy, the more angry you let yourself get the less anyone will take you seriously.

Why not post some help and advice in one of the other sections rather than jumping on people in here? Remember, nobody knows you yet. You might have loads to offer PW but it will be for nothing if everyone decides you are a ranter and just ignore you.

over the last year or so i have became good friends with Alex, and i have to say if the stalking he has to offer is a touch on the goose and duck shooting he has then its worth every penny!!! also for you guys that think this is canned shooting then think again... you need to try this before you critcise it as its not as easy as you think.

:lol: nope, it was definately you.

Chill out stalkerboydy, the more angry you let yourself get the less anyone will take you seriously.

Why not post some help and advice in one of the other sections rather than jumping on people in here? Remember, nobody knows you yet. You might have loads to offer PW but it will be for nothing if everyone decides you are a ranter and just ignore you.

Piont taken :lol: But hold me hand up kick me and i'll kick back harder. My question was out of valied interest "NOT" to cause grieve or to be smart. To any person into Field sports is good WE ALL me included have to start some where. It did state it was about the money. Im sure if it was face to face as opposed to key board you would understand me better. Last try if I was allready getting paid to shoot/cull the Deer throphy's or not, I would not use those Deer to make money there i have said it. Deer stalking as other shooting is hard to come by JMHO £140 to me seems a lot when some one is allready shooting them. I will stop posting thank you :lol:

I'm interested Spud, unless any of the puritans with vast land and wild deer roaming on it have space for us to try some wild stalking!

God some of you on here sound like old women moaning about their husbands.

IF IT'S NOT CONSTRUCTIVE, SHUT UP AND OFFER SOMETHING FROM YOUR WILD HERDS. (Wind blows, tumbleweeds flutter by.) Silence prevails!

I AWAIT OFFERS, I HAVE A 6.5 x 55 THATS SUITABLE FOR DEER WITH 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN AFRICA, EUROPE AND THE UK.

Any shooting should be cherished as we may not have it for much longer with the anti's in parliament.

PM sent.

Hi all,

For those that are interested, i spent the day with the deer park manager yesterday to say it was is a impressive set up is a understatement.

I now have the full price list for all the stalking and medals...

In any shooting i put my name to i will always check it out before sending anyone... please take it from me you will not be let down it's a fantastic set up and day.

Cull animals £140 (extra on the day can be shot)

Please pm if interested for those that already have i will get dates over to you ASAP.

Thanks Alex

Edited by Shotgunspud

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the interest and bookings in the stalking,

Guys, if you are thinking of having a go!! we still have some weekdays left, Mondays and Thursdays are best for the stalkers for the culls, We still have some weekends in October and November left but not many.

But still please PM if these days are out for you and I will see what I can do…

Many thanks,

Alex

It doesn't matter how much it costs, if someone is interested the deal is laid out before them, if they like the deal and go for it good luck to them.

It's not like there are any con's involved, they know what they are signing up for before the day.

Wether they are a novice, experienced, or are after a medal for the wall, that's their business. They pay the bill!!!!

I'm sure there will be plenty of interest, wether everyone agrees with it matters not.

Mark.

• 1 month later...