which 17hmr ????????

silpig5

as post title .

ive got a 452 2lr very happy with it ,

looked at 452 17 tday but really liked look and feel of the laminate thumbhole marlin .

both good prices for full set ups 440 and 450 respectivly .

please give your views guys , i know you all have them good and bad .

horror stories welcome if im going wrong route .

cheers

adi

i went for the marlin over the cz for the same reason, the marlin felt like a proper gun, the cz felt like it would blow away in a light gust of wind

thats about the long and short of it . it feels right !

when you say kept clean do you mean bore snake after each outing or every so often ?

im a lazy beretta shooter so cleanig isnt my strong point . lol

Marlin 917 is little rifle, but if it breaks parts can be a pain to get hold off as i have found out. Had to write mine off.

Not sure which way to go. Accuracy was very good, only cleaned it once in 5 years and still hit around 1/2 inch mark. Would have another but not sure on parts back up.

Exrta mags are expensive i found.

as post title .

ive got a 452 2lr very happy with it ,

looked at 452 17 tday but really liked look and feel of the laminate thumbhole marlin .

both good prices for full set ups 440 and 450 respectivly .

please give your views guys , i know you all have them good and bad .

horror stories welcome if im going wrong route .

cheers

adi

DO NOT GET A MARLIN i got a marlin thumhole .17 and little did i no there is a weakness with the case extractor if you look at it close its just a bit of cheap metal and very thin they have a tendancy to become weak and they either break or dont grip the case and fling it out (thats what happend to me)and spare ones are a ****** to get hold of because they have to be shipped from america just look on the net or google ''marlin case extractor problem''and you'll see loads of complants from people mostly from america stick with a cz thats what iv got now and havent looked back and if you really want a thumbhole stock then theres a new cz with thumhole stock hope this helps

i went for the marlin over the cz for the same reason, the marlin felt like a proper gun, the cz felt like it would blow away in a light gust of wind

thats about the long and short of it . it feels right !

when you say kept clean do you mean bore snake after each outing or every so often ?

im a lazy beretta shooter so cleanig isnt my strong point . lol

i found with mine i had to give it a full clean every 50ish shots to keep the accuracy spot on, by full clean i mean bore brush and patches til it was spotless, and by spot on accuracy i mean clover leafs at 100 yards and dead centre of the bull at 150 yards when i was shooting straight :yes:

having said that mine was brand new and i doubt the barrel is settled in yet, things might change after its settled in :good:

If you dont get a CZ look at a Savage - far better quality than the marlin

Cheers

post-15153-1283605357.png

Ive got the thumbhole version of this gun! Best gun I own for quality, accuracy and general feel. Not a big fan of its looks but thts secondary for me in a working rifle. It is a different price bracket though!