Think I have found the ultimate cartridge .

Over the many years that I been shooting I have probably tried just about all the top brands of cartridges that are available . I have bought cartridges on the reccomendation of friends and have of course been duped by the adds from the sporting press . I have also bought cartridges because they were the cheapest .

Over the last few months I have been using gamebore black gold 6.5 28 gram loads . Since using this shell my clean kill tally has improved dramatically and I very rarely get runners with this cartridge . They are smooth to shoot and with no perceptable recoil in my beretta self loader . I have been pulling off some spectacular shots with this shell ,so much so that my hard nose shooting buddy has had to say "good bird sir " . I am now a keen user of this cartridge and as long as I can get them I will continue to buy them. They are a bit pricey at about 240 jim a thousand but in my humble opinion well worth the money . Buy a couple of boxes and give them a try ,you wont be dissapointed .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

Over the many years that I been shooting I have probably tried just about all the top brands of cartridges that are available . I have bought cartridges on the reccomendation of friends and have of course been duped by the adds from the sporting press . I have also bought cartridges because they were the cheapest .

Over the last few months I have been using gamebore black gold 6.5 28 gram loads . Since using this shell my clean kill tally has improved dramatically and I very rarely get runners with this cartridge . They are smooth to shoot and with no perceptable recoil in my beretta self loader . I have been pulling off some spectacular shots with this shell ,so much so that my hard nose shooting buddy has had to say "good bird sir " . I am now a keen user of this cartridge and as long as I can get them I will continue to buy them. They are a bit pricey at about 240 jim a thousand but in my humble opinion well worth the money . Buy a couple of boxes and give them a try ,you wont be dissapointed .

Harnser .

Hi, with one minor exception, I could have written that as it's equally true for me. Before the company changed hands, that nice Mr Lyalvale would load just 2000 Supreme Game with 6.5 as a special order but later the minimum number went through the unaffordable roof. I've just found and started using their 6.5 28 gram load with similar results at a similar price in the little Churchill. I guess that, as ever, you get what you pay for.

Harnser, I think we are both of an age so I reckon it's a case of keeping the best 'til last!

Cheers,

Phil

At the begiining of last season I would have agreed with your view on Black Gold entirely. using 30grm 6 shot. But the second slab I bought wouldn't eject properly, resulting in two expensive days being spoilt! A friend had had a similar problem with a batch he had. Contacted Gamebore but they didn't really want to know, just beware!!

Guest cookoff013
Come on Harnser,

Everyone knows that this is the ultimate Cartridge

Introducing the "PIGEONWATCH SPECIAL GAME" from Gamepress Valebore

P1000524.jpg

where can i buy these from ?, i`m willing to pay up to £1000 a shot.

they sound awesome, and in green, my favourite colour for looking in long grass.

i picked up a baikal sbs a couple of months ago and just got round to getting a couple of box's to get me started, i opted for eley 'magnum' 34g no5's bit dear at £5.20 a box but i did only get 100 so payed top wack, they kill really cleanly (when i hit stuff, still need to get use to sbs), i only really shoot rabbit and usually take the .22lr but enjoy a walk round with a shotgun once in a while, so the cost isn't too bad as i normally call it a day after i've bagged 4-5 rabbits so rarely fire more than 10 shots, a slab would last me a year!

I'm after some no1's or something similar for fox in 23/4'' if anyones any suggestions, i've used bb's in the past but want more lead in the pattern.

Gary

Guest cookoff013
i picked up a baikal sbs a couple of months ago and just got round to getting a couple of box's to get me started, i opted for eley 'magnum' 34g no5's bit dear at £5.20 a box but i did only get 100 so payed top wack, they kill really cleanly (when i hit stuff, still need to get use to sbs), i only really shoot rabbit and usually take the .22lr but enjoy a walk round with a shotgun once in a while, so the cost isn't too bad as i normally call it a day after i've bagged 4-5 rabbits so rarely fire more than 10 shots, a slab would last me a year!

I'm after some no1's or something similar for fox in 23/4'' if anyones any suggestions, i've used bb's in the past but want more lead in the pattern.

Gary

gamebore 42gram BB for ginger