sometimes it all goes wrong

pavman

went out for a woodie session on some stubble sunday good chance to dust off the shottie and give the new pup some work

set up the deeks and the rotary had my first cuppa and a few give me a look but dont come in :lol: change the deek set out same thing happens, take the ratary away and one comes in and i miss it :good: then another :good: then another :hmm: now i am getting mad with myself for doing so much Rifle work and no shottie so i decide I am not swinging through but not sure how to make my head work to resolve it, a few shots later we have one and pup is sent for a retrieve and just as she gets there it takes off and makes it over the field so i have to call the pup back! and so the farce continued by the time rain set in I was 17 shots for 2 woodies and a crow and i cant remember having shot so bad (ever) whilst its very frustrating it just shows we dont always get 100 plus bags and sometimes we can make a right hash of things........ with luck i have paid for my sins and the next outing will be more fruitful :hmm:

went out for a woodie session on some stubble sunday good chance to dust off the shottie and give the new pup some work

set up the deeks and the rotary had my first cuppa and a few give me a look but dont come in :lol: change the deek set out same thing happens, take the ratary away and one comes in and i miss it :good: then another :good: then another :hmm: now i am getting mad with myself for doing so much Rifle work and no shottie so i decide I am not swinging through but not sure how to make my head work to resolve it, a few shots later we have one and pup is sent for a retrieve and just as she gets there it takes off and makes it over the field so i have to call the pup back! and so the farce continued by the time rain set in I was 17 shots for 2 woodies and a crow and i cant remember having shot so bad (ever) whilst its very frustrating it just shows we dont always get 100 plus bags and sometimes we can make a right hash of things........ with luck i have paid for my sins and the next outing will be more fruitful :hmm:

Blame that fruit and nut last night for the wobbly knees mate.

set up the deeks and the rotary had my first cuppa and a few give me a look but dont come in :lol: change the deek set out same thing happens, take the ratary away and one comes in and i miss it :good: then another :good: then another :hmm: now i am getting mad with myself for doing so much Rifle work and no shottie so i decide I am not swinging through but not sure how to make my head work to resolve it, a few shots later we have one and pup is sent for a retrieve and just as she gets there it takes off and makes it over the field so i have to call the pup back! and so the farce continued by the time rain set in I was 17 shots for 2 woodies and a crow and i cant remember having shot so bad (ever) whilst its very frustrating it just shows we dont always get 100 plus bags and sometimes we can make a right hash of things........ with luck i have paid for my sins and the next outing will be more fruitful :beer:

Went out Sat 4 hours 10 shots 1 yes 1 pigeon, tried it all got flask out, went for a pee changed deek paterns etc nothing worked :lol: like the song things can only get better :hmm:

set up the deeks and the rotary had my first cuppa and a few give me a look but dont come in :hmm: change the deek set out same thing happens, take the ratary away and one comes in and i miss it :good: then another :good: then another :hmm: now i am getting mad with myself for doing so much Rifle work and no shottie so i decide I am not swinging through but not sure how to make my head work to resolve it, a few shots later we have one and pup is sent for a retrieve and just as she gets there it takes off and makes it over the field so i have to call the pup back! and so the farce continued by the time rain set in I was 17 shots for 2 woodies and a crow and i cant remember having shot so bad (ever) whilst its very frustrating it just shows we dont always get 100 plus bags and sometimes we can make a right hash of things........ with luck i have paid for my sins and the next outing will be more fruitful :lol:

had same sort of weekend 35 shots for 7 pigeons must have been weather ended up standing in ditch with camo net 3 dead birds and 4 plastic on wobblers :lol:

Same here, we went out on sunday, and managed one shot for one bird, they just wouldn't come into the pattern. We moved them about, bouncer out, then back in...nothing worked.

It's the beauty of the game though gents.

It would be no fun at all if every bird on every shooting trip threw themselves onto the pattern.

They're wild birds and sometimes (no matter how good we think we are) they just don't play ball.

That's why we keep coming back for more!

The worst thing for my consistency is to switch between clays and live birds.

When I have been shooting pigeons I miss clays behind and when I go back to pigeons, I am usually giving them too much lead.

Having mentioned this to a few other shooters, I am not the only one that this happens to.

Thats why I don't shoot clays too often. :good:

The worst thing for my consistency is to switch between clays and live birds.

When I have been shooting pigeons I miss clays behind and when I go back to pigeons, I am usually giving them too much lead.

Having mentioned this to a few other shooters, I am not the only one that this happens to.

Thats why I don't shoot clays too often. :good:

I am exactly the same as this. Had been doing a lot on the clays and then went out decoyin and was really strugglin. Not done any clays for a while and can hit the pigeons once more :good:

set up the deeks and the rotary had my first cuppa and a few give me a look but dont come in :yes: change the deek set out same thing happens, take the ratary away and one comes in and i miss it :good: then another :good: then another :oops: now i am getting mad with myself for doing so much Rifle work and no shottie so i decide I am not swinging through but not sure how to make my head work to resolve it, a few shots later we have one and pup is sent for a retrieve and just as she gets there it takes off and makes it over the field so i have to call the pup back! and so the farce continued by the time rain set in I was 17 shots for 2 woodies and a crow and i cant remember having shot so bad (ever) whilst its very frustrating it just shows we dont always get 100 plus bags and sometimes we can make a right hash of things........ with luck i have paid for my sins and the next outing will be more fruitful :)

Get out and shoot 100 english skeet, that will get your swinging thru em.

I think people are confusing shooting clays with different guns to their field gun, balance weight barrel lenght all make a difference.

Edited by manxman2

Get out and shoot 100 english skeet, that will get your swinging thru em.

I think people are confusing shooting clays with different guns to their field gun, balance weight barrel lenght all make a difference.

I use the same guns for pigeons and clays, only the cartridges differ.

I ain't rich enough to have specific guns for specific purposes. ;)