Need to bed in my new Beretta semi...

RogerH

Gents,

I just took delivery of a new A400 and need to bed it in according to Beretta recommendations...

Problem is Beretta say 32g cartridges or higher are needed to do this properly. As I have no land right now the only way to do this is on a clay ground. My usual haunts all have a 28 gr limit, but not sure about local straw balers - any ideas??? I have a slab of 32 Black Gold Game 6s but don't want to upset anybody by using them on clays. I am in Holmfirth, W Yorks...

Cheers

Roger

A client of mine has one and he had to put a lot of heavy stuff through his to get it to loosen up including 100 magnums.

The damned thing was awful it jammed from the very first 28g cartridge.

If you want cheap and punchy to bed it in then THE punchiest cartridge out there for clay shooting is the CLAYBUSTER 28GRAM. The ENGLISH SPORTER are good ones to loosen up the Beretta as well.

I had the same problem with my Urika 2 but it`s fine now it`s had about 5,000 rounds through it.

A client of mine has one and he had to put a lot of heavy stuff through his to get it to loosen up including 100 magnums.

The damned thing was awful it jammed from the very first 28g cartridge.

If you want cheap and punchy to bed it in then THE punchiest cartridge out there for clay shooting is the CLAYBUSTER 28GRAM. The ENGLISH SPORTER are good ones to loosen up the Beretta as well.

I had the same problem with my Urika 2 but it`s fine now it`s had about 5,000 rounds through it.

Did he give it a thorough degreasing, to remove all the factory packing grease when he first bought it :good:

Did he give it a thorough degreasing, to remove all the factory packing grease when he first bought it :good:

I had the exact problem with my SX3. One cartridge in 50 would jam. I have given it two or three thorough cleans and it sorted it out. There was not loads of grease but probably enough. I have put 4 - 500 normal carts through it and its flawless now.

Thanks for the very helpful advice chaps.

I have some 28g White Gold so I'll see how I get on with them tomorrow. Can also pick up some Claybusters at the shoot if I need to.

Cheers

Roger

Hi Roger,

I had the same sticker on the box when i picked up my AL391 in March and had the same thought's as you.

I didn't run it in, just used Hull Intercomp HV 28's and Gamebore Super Steel 24's..... 7000 cartridges and it hasn't jammed once, it didn't like a 24g straight after I changed the recoil spring but other than that it's been faultless.

Enjoy the gun!

Jon.

:good: Had a A400 kick-off for several months now and have used carties from 24g up to 32g from new and never had any problems with the gun recycling.the first time i used it was on a 100 bird clay shoot with 24g remington carties,excellent gun for giving less recoil.---Dave :D

I feel threatened by pictures of Herons in peoples avatars Harnser. They're like the evil Monkey in the closet. :yes:

Dave , I dont think that you understand what I am talking about . The sign of the witness with Darwin written inside and with feet on it ,is a vile anti christian symbol . I am of the opinion that there may be members on here who will be offended by it . I most certinly am .

Harnser .

Dave , I dont think that you understand what I am talking about . The sign of the witness with Darwin written inside and with feet on it ,is a vile anti christian symbol . I am of the opinion that there may be members on here who will be offended by it . I most certinly am .

Harnser .

Maybe you should grow up and move on? Perhaps not feel that you should be immune from offence because of your belief in a particular fairytale?

Maybe you should grow up and move on? Perhaps not feel that you should be immune from offence because of your belief in a particular fairytale?

If someone has an avatar that is designed to be deliberately offensive to another group of people it should be removed.

Deliberately causing offence isn't what forums are there for and if someone deliberately had some kind of anti shooting avatar I doubt all the members would be expected to be tolerant.

Would people get so uptight if it were having a pop at a politician or celebrity? No. But people could just as easily be offended by that. So why should a crudely drawn fish of disputed origin be out of bounds? If somebody's avatar contained a Crucifix or Star of David, that could easily offend somebody of a different or non-belief.

Edited by paulos

Harnser .

I certainly do, you haven't got a monopoly on religious understanding matey. Just maybe the offence you're taking to it is an indication of your insecurity in your own blind beliefs?? And before mods blow a fuse with my last sentence, it's all about blind faith. So much reliance put on one book and so much evil and suffering caused by fighting over the various different versions of it. Get real, sign of the witness? It was a kiddies depiction of a fish well before your lot nicked it.

Sorry mate by Charlie D's texts, based on a lifetime of research and still scientifically valid, makes more sense to me than a bookful of disjointed stories. My last about it on her unless you want to kick it off on another topic. I don't want to derail this one. Sorry OP.

Edited by DaveK

Hi all,

Well I certainly don't intend to offend anyone at all. My avatar just seems appropriate to my non-religious views as I believe in science and reason before any supernatural power...

I did think it appropriate both for this forum and other forums I belong to, as it merely affirms the proven theory of evolution. On reflection it might be seen as offensive to born again Christians but surely the 'fish' sign isn't copyrighted is it?

On reflection if you find something like this offensive then perhaps then with all due respect, I think that the problem is in your head not mine. No-one has objected to it in the past two years on the net, so I find myself rather puzzled.

So you're offended? Get over it. Life is short. I am offended every day by something or other but I don't feel the need to whinge all over a shooting forum.

If the moderators want me to change it I will. What I won't do is whinge if I perceive this to be anti-atheist. Freedom of speech is the most sacred thing we possess in the UK. At least for the moment anyway... :blush:

Maybe I'll change it for a picture of Mohammed with a bomb in his hat - will that be OK then?

Peace to all,

Roger

Hi all,

Well I certainly don't intend to offend anyone at all. My avatar just seems appropriate to my non-religious views as I believe in science and reason before any supernatural power...

I did think it appropriate both for this forum and other forums I belong to, as it merely affirms the proven theory of evolution. On reflection it might be seen as offensive to born again Christians but surely the 'fish' sign isn't copyrighted is it?

On reflection if you find something like this offensive then perhaps then with all due respect, I think that the problem is in your head not mine. No-one has objected to it in the past two years on the net, so I find myself rather puzzled.

So you're offended? Get over it. Life is short. I am offended every day by something or other but I don't feel the need to whinge all over a shooting forum.

If the moderators want me to change it I will. What I won't do is whinge if I perceive this to be anti-atheist. Freedom of speech is the most sacred thing we possess in the UK. At least for the moment anyway... :blush:

Maybe I'll change it for a picture of Mohammed with a bomb in his hat - will that be OK then?

Peace to all,

Roger

Well said! Strange this thread should have gone down this road. I have just had a religious debate with a collegue who is completely blinkered when it comes to these matters.

Edited by fortune82