Lossie Airbase

Norrie

Just heard a story that Lossiemouth airbase officers were briefed today that the base IS closing....and the NCO's get brieffed tomorrow about the same!!!!!

****** LABOUR Govt...... :good:

Already planned and reported in 2009 while Labour were still in power. Although I've no doubt everyone will want to blame the coalition govt for the cuts.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-ne...g-cuts-1.991954

Edited by poontang

Already planned and reported in 2009 while Labour were still in power. Although I've no doubt everyone will want to blame the coalition govt for the cuts.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-ne...g-cuts-1.991954

Wasnt planned, it was talked about,,and nothing set in stone...it has been now tho.....and it is the coal govt that started it off, they have lied since the day they got into power..... :lol:

Wonder what that Sqdn are gonny do now, they are due for a trip to Afghanistan in January....sod that, go there,... might not come back, and if you do, come back to the dole!!!!! :good: Niccccce Xmas pressie....

Just heard a story that Lossiemouth airbase officers were briefed today that the base IS closing....and the NCO's get brieffed tomorrow about the same!!!!!

****** Govt...... :good:

Where did you hear that from Norrie? Not good news at all if its true.

Fair enough if it was Kinloss, it's as good as closed anyway. But Lossie, :lol:

Where did you hear that from Norrie? Not good news at all if its true.

Fair enough if it was Kinloss, it's as good as closed anyway. But Lossie, :good:

Hiya, Canny say, but good enough for me....Front line airbases shouldnt be closed...its going to be a dreadful state of affiars when it closes....wouldnt like to be a supplier, contractor, civvy worker, or newbie home buyer up there in Elgin or Lossie now!!!!!

Geez, Its not even local suppliers, for years I drove up to Lossie and Kinloss from Glasgow delivering 3 times a week to the Naafi's on both bases...it's still happening today...:lol:

Edited by Norrie

Hiya, Canny say, but good enough for me....Front line airbases shouldnt be closed...its going to be a dreadful state of affiars when it closes....wouldnt like to be a supplier, contractor, civvy worker, or newbie home buyer up there in Elgin or Lossie now!!!!!

Geez, Its not even local suppliers, for years I drove up to Lossie and Kinloss from Glasgow delivering 3 times a week to the Naafi's on both bases...it's still happening today...:lol:

Tell me about it! :good:

Guest CraigBenson

I doubt that it's going to be the last to close. The RAF is under a lot of pressure to reduce costs and closing bases is an easy choice. In my view there are better long term savings to be made by looking at the rank structor, it's too top heavy. You have some senior officers retiring on full pay. The officer core of the RAF is a lot bigger than it needs to be. It's the officers that will make that decision, and I don't think that they will do themselvs out of a job. It's always been jobs for the boys.

We'll be down to about 5 flying stations before long

Brize Norton

Conningsby

Leucahrs

Odiham/Benson

Whittering

and then the RAF will just get rolled in with the Army.

That's just my opinion. Gladly I'll be out by then, I can't wait.

in essence i agree with the post above, its not quite as clear cut, but labour governments seem to corrupt easier to high power business men, than torie govs, just an observation from an outsider who has to live with the consequences of british governmental policy, as our three blind mice up in government biuldings follow suit.

Edited by manxman2

Agree Sako, problem is the public have very short memories. If we look at the pattern over the last few years, LAbour balls it up, Tories sort it out, we all forget how bad labour was and vote em back in!

LOL, Not going to get into a political debate here...BUT, YOU seem to have a VERY short memory..... the Tories come to the rescue!!! dont make me laugh!!!! Look at the Mines,the Steel industry, the shipyards...etc etc...ALL knacked up and closed down by the Tories!!!!

Coal now comes from Poland, Steel from anywhere BUT Britain,there is in fact NO stainless steel made in the UK anymore, all the plant was sold off to Italy, China and Malaysia during the Tory period in power.. Ships from China, S.Korea, and Japan.......so, where did Labour balls that up?:yes:

BTW, i'm certainly no Labour voter.... :good:

I doubt that it's going to be the last to close. The RAF is under a lot of pressure to reduce costs and closing bases is an easy choice. In my view there are better long term savings to be made by looking at the rank structor, it's too top heavy. You have some senior officers retiring on full pay. The officer core of the RAF is a lot bigger than it needs to be. It's the officers that will make that decision, and I don't think that they will do themselvs out of a job. It's always been jobs for the boys.

We'll be down to about 5 flying stations before long

Brize Norton

Conningsby

Leucahrs

Odiham/Benson

Whittering

:good:

In our area we already lost:

Aston down

Quedgley

Innesworth

Kemble

Throckmorton

Still to go:

Lyneham

Fairford

The writing was on the wall long ago. When the rapid response move to RNAS Culdrose more changes will happen.

Craig the upside to the RAF rolling into the army is that RAF food is alot better so it might improve the armys food or it might also go the other way and RAF might get as bad as the armys.

Still thats why I joinded the RAF reservist not th TAs .

Cheers OTH

Craig the upside to the RAF rolling into the army is that RAF food is alot better so it might improve the armys food or it might also go the other way and RAF might get as bad as the armys.

Still thats why I joinded the RAF reservist not th TAs .

Cheers OTH

not since we went pay as you starve and the contractors started rinsing every penny and serving utter ****...

LOL, Not going to get into a political debate here...BUT, YOU seem to have a VERY short memory..... the Tories come to the rescue!!! dont make me laugh!!!! Look at the Mines,the Steel industry, the shipyards...etc etc...ALL knacked up and closed down by the Tories!!!!

Coal now comes from Poland, Steel from anywhere BUT Britain,there is in fact NO stainless steel made in the UK anymore, all the plant was sold off to Italy, China and Malaysia during the Tory period in power.. Ships from China, S.Korea, and Japan.......so, where did Labour balls that up?:yes:

BTW, i'm certainly no Labour voter.... :good:

There is a historical thread here. If you loose the ship building you don't need the steel. with out the steel the mines are not needed etc etc.... If you want to look at what killed off heavy industry in the UK It was cheep ships built in Korea and an inability to change on the Clyde, the Tyne, in Belfast etc. If there is a political villain to the piece it would be Wilson and Callaghan, Not Thatcher though it is perhaps more palatable to blame the Iron Lady as she was the final instrument in the destruction of the mines, together with Scargill and the out dated notions of a union that failed to realise the irrelevance of its product to modern society of course.

Oh and I don't vote Tory

itll be right.

Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers aged 50yrs and above on early retirement.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early)

Persons selected to be RAPE'd can apply to Parliament to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPE'd and SHAFT'ed will be reviewed under the SCREW program (Scheme Covering Retired Early Workers).

A person may be RAPE'd once, SHAFT'ed twice and SCREW'ed as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPE'd could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependants & Spouses) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously people who get AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFT'ed or SCREW'ed any further by Parliament.

Workers who are not RAPE'd and are staying on will receive as much **** (Special High Intensity Training) as possible.

The Government has always prided itself on the amount of **** they give our citizens.

Should you be among the minority who feel they do not receive enough **** from the Government please bring this to the attention of your MP who has been specially trained to give you all the **** you can handle.

Yours Faithfully

Committee for the Economic Value of Individual Lives (EVIL)

p.s. Due to budget cuts and the soaring cost of electricity, oil and gas, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.