Medal of Honor

Marley29

That's bad news. I preordered it on PS3, and it's on it's way apparently.

Bad timing, that! :good:

Tell me about it. I haven't used the bloody thing for six months and on the one occasion I do, this happens.

I've now got to send the console to Germany to be repaired. This takes about 3 weeks apparently. I'm so gutted :lol:

have you tried the towell trick yet, it sounds ridiculous but i swaer it can work i used it for a few weeks once. Wrap up the console in several towels after taping up all the ventialted areas. Switch on the console and let it over heat for about 20-40mins but keep checking it. It may help fix the problem temporarily.

Thanks for the info. I'll give the towel trick a go and see if it works. The repair place in Chelmsford sounds very tempting but I dare say it will not be covered if it requires a further repair. If I send it off to Microsoft and it goes wrong again, it's down to them.

In future though I'll stick with Sony.

Thanks for the info. I'll give the towel trick a go and see if it works. The repair place in Chelmsford sounds very tempting but I dare say it will not be covered if it requires a further repair. If I send it off to Microsoft and it goes wrong again, it's down to them.

In future though I'll stick with Sony.

i had that problem once . look ok the bay starting with e and and look up xbox 360 repair x clamp kit . 9 times out of 10 its this problem . took me about 30 mins to repair .follow the instructions and you cant go wrong , its the heat sink that plays up on them . :good:

Edited by blindeye

Just a quick update. Tried the towel trick which did work for a few minutes although the game kept freezing at the start menu. This happened several times before the red lights came back on.

XBOX 360's suck big time.

I'm gonna post it off and hope for the best. May even treat myself to another Ps3.

On a related subject is the game actually worth buying?? i`m tempted but only if it`s good.

By the way my XBox is working just fine.

The start up screen looks awesome :good:

Can't comment mate as couldn't get it to work. Does look v good on you tube though. Just a shame that I've got to wait for 2-3 weeks to find out!

have you tried the towell trick yet, it sounds ridiculous but i swaer it can work i used it for a few weeks once. Wrap up the console in several towels after taping up all the ventialted areas. Switch on the console and let it over heat for about 20-40mins but keep checking it. It may help fix the problem temporarily.

Or have you tried the drop kick it out the window trick? ;)

Microsoft should be paying you to fix it, they should be ashamed of themselves for developing such a problem ridden crock of poo in the 1st place. :unsure:

Or have you tried the drop kick it out the window trick? ;)

Microsoft should be paying you to fix it, they should be ashamed of themselves for developing such a problem ridden crock of poo in the 1st place. :unsure:

I totally agree. It's only 18 months old and hasn't been used a lot either. Microsoft know they messed up which is why they will repair that particular fault for free for up to three years.

I just think it's pretty poor that it can't be returned to the store for an instant replacement for another console. I know they have released a newer version that is meant to have resolved the issue but hey, it only took them 5 years!

I have got to wait for it to be collected, sent to and the returned from Germany.

Will I buy another XBOX............. :o