F.I.T.A.S.C

Anni

Hello everyone it's me Anni B) Back from the Brink B)

Well this Sunday I will be having a go at abit of F.I.T.A.S.C. with some of the Usual suspects on here. The Manc Mafia as there sometimes known. We are still out there causing Madness and Mayhem at the Registered shoots up In the frozen wastelands of the North. Although to be honest my scores have been absolutley diabollixs of late, I should be ashamed of myself and indeed I am. I've had some Massive lows lately on the Clays to the point where I actually started to have thoughts of giving up. You defo have to have your mind on it if you want to be at your best in this game, and my mind has been elsewhere, just going through the motions, turning up and Stabbing at stuff. Although this sunday is going to be the come backs of all come backs! Where I think I'm coming back to is a mystery but anywhere is better than the complete dogdirt I have been doing latley.

Chard has started carrying a Brace and Bit with him as he is Heavily into Drilling Glory holes now, He actually drilled one at Shugborough last Sunday and got frost bite on his Bellend as he had drilled in the wrong place. Allways double check its not an outside wall!(Just a tip for you there) Not shooting at his best either really. He would be the first to admit. He was at GHA tonight (Glory Holes Annom). Admtting to it is the first step there Richard son.

Anyway F.I.T.A.S.C. at Coniston on sunday sounds like a good reason to start smaking them again, allthough it does look abit tricky and I have been swatting up on the rules over the last few days having never shot it before. Gun below the line on your Jacket, Not raisng the Gun untill you and the Reff have seen the Clay. Sounds like my Kind of shooting really.

I'm going to break out my 682 Gold for this one and stick my flush fitting Teague 3/8ths chokes into both Barrels and stick to my Eley superb 7/5's.....Unless anyone knows better?

I seem to have fallen out with my Beloved Beretta a303 Auto at the moment. When I think of all the shoots we have done over the last year, The English, British and Welsh opens. The Benelli SP'Auto champs, the Essex masters and the Beretta World, Countless registereds and Charity shoots and one offs like the Victory Challenge. We even stood toe to toe with Big George Digweed MBE at the English and beat him on a couple of stands.

One of are finest moments was when we went to Kegworth whitch at the time was a Massive Bogey ground for me. I was worried driving to that one and should have Played the Game of avoiding these bogey grounds like alot of top shooters do! Not me though if I have a bogey ground I just keep attacking it with everything I have even to the detriment of my Classification. Anyway this day with Chard, Mr Potter and Mw I was very calm when we got there and as soon as I started on the first stand I new that today I was going to bury this Bogey.

I think I went onto an 89 and was only about 5 clays off John lee. I was abit peeved as the ones I missed were easy ones which I should have nailed. Thinking back to that day I could have straightened the course I felt so confident with the Gun.

Thus far I think it's Me, NickyT, Chard, Timps and Mr Potter (who arranged this shoot for us Months ago.......Thanks Mr P.) Mr MW is on are Squad aswell but he isnt a Pigeonwatcher so there.

I will come back and report on Sunday night if I'm near a computer.........But who knows where I'll be?:good:?:yes:??

CLUNGE!

Sounds like there's been a bit of a confidence crisis up in Corrie Country :yes:

I'm sure you'll enjoy shooting FITASC, in theory it should be easier than ESP 'cos you get 2 shots at the singles, but it doesn't work out that way, and you can expect to shoot a lower score than your local ESP Reg event at Worsley Grunge or Keggy.

Don't forget you're not shooting in a cage, only a hoop so the bird can be shot literally anywhere, so if that means asking other squad members to move out of the way, that's perfectly acceptable.

As regards chokes, I shot a hard FITASC shoot at Southdown a couple of weeks back with my usual 1/4 & 3/8, having said that I do tend to shoot rather quicker than most, I'd suggest 3/8 & 1/2.

Don't worry about the gun down bit, have a few practice mounts at home and you'll soon get the hang of it. It does pay to shoot with others who are FITASC regulars as you will learn a lot from them with regards to the correct hold position and whereabouts to shoot each bird.

Do pay attention on the doubles, particularly simmo ones, you're entitled to see a pair if you're first up, you need to work out quickly which way round you're going to shoot them.

It's very much a thinking mans sport, but I know you'll all have a great time. :good:

Cat.

I could have said "I'll be right behind you" Anni but due to other commitments I will not be available until late in the day so had to turn down the invitation to referee this one.

Just try to remember there is no practice swing, set up etc. and you must not move before the target is visible. So no going on the "Perchoing!!" as the trap goes off. As if?? Easy to forget. Old habits die hard.

Good idea that you had a quick read through the FITASC rules so you know the potential pitfalls if you are used to ESP

Yes, feet, very important, don't forget to move them if neccesary. Look carefully on gunholds etc. on the pairs. Think it through and be prepared to take targets at less than optimum places if it gives you more chance on the pairs. As has been said a lot of work in FITASC is done in your head.

Above all else enjoy it. Forecast is a bit Baltic and some of the parcours locations are not exactly blessed with a lot of shelter but it is supposed to be nice and dry.

I have absolutely no idea what targets will be set, but I would definitely have a few choices on shot size in your box/bag to cover all the options.

Clubhouse fire will be on full steam ahead so you can get revived between rounds and the butties are excellent.

Have fun.

Oh no bang goes the forum with you 2 back ....... the crazy driving, glory hole drilling Chard & the parasol waving, butterfly chasing Anni :oops:

I've only come back to buy a Baikal off Sandspider :good:

You won't stand a chance when I get kitted out with my Baikal and 100 D & Js and a shell suit and bobble hat

You won't stand a chance when I get kitted out with my Baikal and 100 D & Js and a shell suit and bobble hat

Well you could hardly shoot any worse I suppose & the shell suit + bobble hat combo will be a big improvement on what you normally wear so happy days :oops::yes::good:

I thought he was taking the **** when he said he was buying a Baikal off here :oops: I can see the XXXXXL Shell suit and Bobble hat yeah, But a ******* Baikal :P

Whats his Game :good: Whats he upto :hmm: I don't like the way he hangs around the Toilets at shooting grounds. I wouldn't pick up a tenner if it happened to be on the floor and he was behind me :yes: .......................Maybe £20 though :lol:

I could have said "I'll be right behind you" Anni but due to other commitments I will not be available until late in the day so had to turn down the invitation to referee this one.

Just try to remember there is no practice swing, set up etc. and you must not move before the target is visible. So no going on the "Perchoing!!" as the trap goes off. As if?? Easy to forget. Old habits die hard.

Good idea that you had a quick read through the FITASC rules so you know the potential pitfalls if you are used to ESP

Yes, feet, very important, don't forget to move them if neccesary. Look carefully on gunholds etc. on the pairs. Think it through and be prepared to take targets at less than optimum places if it gives you more chance on the pairs. As has been said a lot of work in FITASC is done in your head.

Above all else enjoy it. Forecast is a bit Baltic and some of the parcours locations are not exactly blessed with a lot of shelter but it is supposed to be nice and dry.

I have absolutely no idea what targets will be set, but I would definitely have a few choices on shot size in your box/bag to cover all the options.

Clubhouse fire will be on full steam ahead so you can get revived between rounds and the butties are excellent.

Have fun.

Thanks Hillmouse,

A few Rules I was unaware of there :oops:

I took the 682 for abit of a practice at Worsley today and didn't do to bad shooting from the specified position. Although I did pre mount a few times like I do when on the ESP. Must remember to keep it down and concentrate while in the Hoop.

Allways nice to go to Coniston as the Club house there is fantastic. Hope the weather holds out as I'm looking forward to this shoot......the first time in a while :good:

I might follow Catamongs lead and take the half choke with me too. Be prepared :yes:

I'll be with Mr Potter anyway, A Veteran at F.I.T.A.S.C.

Sounds like a Goodun then :good: Some one P.M me the Meet up details so I can sort me life out, I can't get on faceless book :good:

Cornholer. :good:

We've got to get round to Nicks before 7:30, he'll need to leave by then. So you can collect me at about 7 if you like. You know it makes sense