Crow bashing last tuesday.

EastSussexLad

Only just managed to find the camera lead so its abit late!

Set up around half 9ish in the middle of a hedgerow that splits the field into two. There was around 100 birds using the field but i have also taken around 300-350 crows/rooks/jackdaws off this one field alone from standing wheat to the drilling so to say some of the birds are weary is an understatement.

ended the day with 21 crows/rooks, 8 jackdaws and 4 magpies. Thanks.

post-8827-1288101610.jpg

Please put the video onto "480p" As it makes it slightly better

Enjoy!!

Edited by EastSussexLad

Only just managed to find the camera lead so its abit late!

Set up around half 9ish in the middle of a hedgerow that splits the field into two. There was around 100 birds using the field but i have also taken around 300-350 crows/rooks/jackdaws off this one field alone from standing wheat to the drilling so to say some of the birds are weary is an understatement.

ended the day with 21 crows/rooks, 8 jackdaws and 4 magpies. Thanks.

Please put the video onto "480p" As it makes it slightly better

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the nice picture and the video. Really nice.

Do you never take your shot crows inside ?

I made the experiance that shot crows on the ground (when they aren't in the right/normal) especially feet up and with spredded wings scare new crows and they won't come anymore into your shooting range.

You don't seem to have that problem, do you ?

Thanks for the nice picture and the video. Really nice.

Do you never take your shot crows inside ?

I made the experiance that shot crows on the ground (when they aren't in the right/normal) especially feet up and with spredded wings scare new crows and they won't come anymore into your shooting range.

You don't seem to have that problem, do you ?

Thanks for the comments guys,

jfgpm - I never bring the shot crows in, i find that the bigger the pattern the better the shooting is for crows. I always tidy the pattern up after every 5-10 birds, but other days you can shoot and leave them where they fall.

What i also do is bend the wings forward and then place on the deck as it makes the bird look a lot bigger. :blink:

Thanks for the comments guys,

jfgpm - I never bring the shot crows in, i find that the bigger the pattern the better the shooting is for crows. I always tidy the pattern up after every 5-10 birds, but other days you can shoot and leave them where they fall.

What i also do is bend the wings forward and then place on the deck as it makes the bird look a lot bigger. :blink:

Hi, thats interesting.

I had bad experiences with shoot crows in the pattern.

When you don't tide them up immediately and they are just a bit out of position or show a white feather crows will keep distance hate on them and won't come close enaugh.

So I have to order nearly every crow I shoot.

Thanks for the good idea with the wings.