hushpower 410 or

bobby dazzler

i wonder if some one can help me make my mind up farmer today has asked me to get rid of some crows rooks jackdaws that are feeding around the cow sheds well there aint some there is hell of a lot but i dont want anying thing to loud so i was thinking an air gun with silencer or a 410 hushpower i have heard plenty of air guns but have not heard how loud the hush power is what would you think the best gun is for the job :hmm:

me personaly wood use air rifle get a good hideing place an ambush them but you need to be well hid as they have mega eye sight .

THE 410 will kill them but you will need to be close and you will only get one shot head shot will rifle should get you more me thinks

Other thing is noise there louder than air rifle so might p**s cows off then farmer and you wood not want that :no::no:

Edited by swiss.tony

If your shooting black stuff, you'll have to get quite close using an airgun, and be very still.

A .410 gives you the chance to take them on the wing as and when - still have to be invisible, and keep still!

The Hushpower .410 is very quiet if you stick to 2" or 2 1/2" carts.

Personally I use both sub 12ft/lb airgun & Hushpower .410 around farm buildings,prefer the airgun for "sitters" but sometimes they only land briefly.Mostly I use a 12g Hushpower for the extra range but sometimes wonder if using a 20g would cater better for my needs than the 12g + .410.

You will only get one shot off then they will be gone :yes: ,the pcp will be cheap with pellets at £7 x 500 compared to .410 x 25,the gun may be quiet (either one) from the firing position but the crows will here what sounds like rocket propelled bees,the .410 has the advantage of moving targets and could be more forgiving in its accuracy, where as you really need to be head shooting with an air rifle and prefferably using a multi shot like an AA s410 .177,now thats a good rifle with 60 yrd range,silent and very accurate :good:

I use both .410 & a rapid 17,what you've got to think about is what's behind the crow when you shoot,you surtanly dont wont to start puting hole's in his sheds :no: ,crow's will find a high point to land before they comit to going in for the feed,ambush that point on one of my permistions they land in a dead tree sit their before droping into the chicken run's . :good: