Lost in post ! ! !

deejay

Hi Guys .

I had sold my s400 just over 3 weeks ago to a guy off here ,Stupidly I only sent the gun by standard post .

I am currently unemployed and thought I could maybe save a few pounds by doing this ,however the gun has now not been delivered.I wasnt payed in full for the gun but was given a deposit so at least I dont have to give all the money back

And I am sort of up the creek without a paddle now, as this was my sons gun and we were going to add money to this to buy him an s410 .

I dont want charity this is not the case .What I would like is to hear from anyone that this has also happened too.And any idea as to what I could do ,I will inform the police when I find out the info from the Post office .

Thanks for reading

Regards Darren

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try contacting your local post office, did you keep your receipt?, might have some information on it that can be back-tracked through the sorting offices.

The one thing I will add (to make you feel worse) is the difference between sending something standard and recorded is only a couple of squid.

Try contacting your local post office, did you keep your receipt?, might have some information on it that can be back-tracked through the sorting offices.

The one thing I will add (to make you feel worse) is the difference between sending something standard and recorded is only a couple of squid.

Also recorded only offers you prove of deliver rather than tracked though the postal system.

With very little in the way of insurance as well.

Cheers OTH

You sent it without any tracking or insurance just to save a couple of quid.

Sorry but a big heavy parcel is always worth nicking on the off chance it's valuable.

Particularly at this time of year when the post office is full of non english speaking temp workers.

Neil.

Bit stupid really, posting a gun through the standard untracked parcel service.

Regardless if you're unemployed and trying to save a couple of quid. You should take extra care.

When the lady in the post office asked if it was of any value, did you decide to ignore that?

Edited by Billy.

You sent somebody a gun through the post only taking a deposit?

:lol: I didn't read that.

Well in that case, I'd gladly receive a rifle through the post via an untraceable avenue. At least I could just say it never arrived and the seller has not a leg to stand on.

:yp:

Not being harsh, but if I took a deposit on something which then got lost due to my decision on postage, I would feel honour-bound to return the guys money.

He hasnt done anything that could have jeapordised the transit of the gun, and he has no gun to show for it, so I cant see how it can be fair for him to lose out.

My humble opinion only.

Not being harsh, but if I took a deposit on something which then got lost due to my decision on postage, I would feel honour-bound to return the guys money.

He hasnt done anything that could have jeapordised the transit of the gun, and he has no gun to show for it, so I cant see how it can be fair for him to lose out.

My humble opinion only.

I totally agree with you on that matter and that his refund of the deposit is being sorted .

Regards Darren

My humble opinion only.

I think my reading of the original post seems to indicate that he will return the deposit. But why would anyone send anything to a stranger having only received a deposit, without a signature being required on delivery? It would be so easy to say that nothing has been received.

sounds like a load of bull to me.

who sends somthing of value through the post without insurance the buyer usually pays postage and they would want it insured.

next who sends somthing to a stranger when they haven`t even paid for it just a deposit.

i don`t think so

Hmmmmm I wish this was the case .........but I did and if you had read the post properly I admit it was a STUPID mistake .

The guy had also asked me if he could pay a deposit and then pay the rest when he then got paid I didnt have any problems and thought that this was a trustworthy community .Maybe it is ,maybe its still stuck in post,who knows

Regards Darren

Edited by mtbarrel

I think its time to stop the OP knocking he can see he has done the wrong thing.

And I think its time for postive help if anybody can think of a way forward for him.

Even though I dont think there is much hope.

Cheers OTH

I had just about given up hope on this forum but thanks OTH you have restored my faith .

And to be honest your probably right about too late .......... .

Regards Darren

Edited by mtbarrel

O.K.-similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago-and the gun i posted was Tracked.The darlings at the PO told me that they couldnt track my gun because it had gone missing!!!!!In the end i rang the customer services manager and explained that my "firearm" had gone missing and that the police wanted to investigate how such an event could happen-i told him i requuired his direct number and clarification of exactly how to spell his name so that he could be contacted by my local CID officers.I dont know to this day if it worked or not but after nearly a month of waiting and worrying the gun was delivered before 8:00am the next morning.No Bull.