Fox with broken leg

welsh1

I popped out last night to get a few bunnies for the freezer and my neighbour,and decided to do one of my golf courses.

The weather was very still and there was damp in the air,and this was obviously not to the bunnies liking,as i saw four in the three hours i was out,and they were running like hell away from me

They probably heard me wheezing my way round the course in the still air. :blush:

There are a few Foxes on the course,and in general i leave them alone,but when they start ripping up the greens that's when they are dealt with.

Now one fox has been doing this for a while,but he is a clever ******,and the moment he sees you ,or a light goes on he is gone.

So i was suprised when i shone the light in the scrub and woods on this foxes fairway to see a set of eyes,i got down and squeeked,but it just looked at me from the base of a tree,and for about five minutes i called but it never moved :hmm:

I got within 40yds and flicked the lamp on,took the shot and down he went.

When i retrieved him,it was the elusive green damager with distinctive black socks.I then realised why he had not moved,his back right leg was broken,and the bone was sticking out.

I'm just glad i gave him a quick dispatch,because he would have had a slow,and probably painful death with a broken leg.

Apologies for the photos ,i forgot the camera :blush: ,they were taken on the iphone.

Shot went in close to inside corner of right eye and you can see exit wound.

img0494wg.jpg

You can see the open fracture on his rear right leg.

img0495n.jpg

wonder how charlie did the leg then....

Good job to put it out of the pain

I was wondering that as well,but there were no marks the other side of the leg,suggesting a gin trap,or snare.and the wound was fairly new,he was about 15 feet from a dry stone wall,maybe he was just unlucky and slipped,or landed wrongly.

Is it possible that the pellet hit his leg after it exit'd? It looks pretty fresh!

I shot it with a .17hmr round,he was laying down looking straight at me,i shot him between the eyes,just off centre by the right eye,you can see the exit wound just below his his left ear,the hmr round is an expanding round,so i would have expected it to fragment,and judging by the exit wound that is what it has done.his right rear leg would have been under his body,and on the other side to the exit of the round,so i would say impossible to have been hit.

I shot it with a .17hmr round,he was laying down looking straight at me,i shot him between the eyes,just off centre by the right eye,you can see the exit wound just below his his left ear,the hmr round is an expanding round,so i would have expected it to fragment,and judging by the exit wound that is what it has done.his right rear leg would have been under his body,and on the other side to the exit of the round,so i would say impossible to have been hit.

Unless your name's Lee Harvey ;):lol: