Crow shooting

Guest kenny

Hi quite some time ago I saw some mirror Balls like the old 60,s Disco ball on sale for shooting crows I believe they turned out to be illegal is this true and why and did anyone find out if they worked before they turned out to be illegal

And has anyone got any good tips for shooting Carrion as the farm I shoot on has loads and they are extracting the urine from me

Cheers Lots of love Kenny

As above,get yourself a couple of maggie deeks,and a rabbit with its entrails hanging out,hide awy somewhere within range,and wait.Good fun!Saying that,atthis time of year when farmers are hand feeding stock due to the hard ground,you'll find a lot of corvids wherever sheep are being fed,or wherever slurry has been spread,which are harder to get nearer or decoy.We sometimes have a lot of success actually standing in and around farm buildings and shooting them as they try to feed from grain etc.Don't know if your landowner would be willing to let you do this,you would obviously have to ask,but it was ours who actually suggested it.Good luck.

Yes have and use all those things and a bit more but was just wondering if any one had found anything weird or obscure to decoy them as it is manly Jackdaws I am having the trouble with they are cunning little critters as we all know

Cheers Kenny

Yes have and use all those things and a bit more but was just wondering if any one had found anything weird or obscure to decoy them as it is manly Jackdaws I am having the trouble with they are cunning little critters as we all know

Cheers Kenny

hi use a cornor of a black bag on a stick as a decoy and cut some jackdaw shapes out of ply and use them paint them black

Cheers Kenny

have a read of my earlier post, you'll see Im in the same boat as yourself, it worked to a degree, but Ive yet to take it out with the gun and hide for a full test drive, I sprayed it up a bit more since my post...

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/147982-mad-scientist-number-three-moment/page__p__1259371__fromsearch__1#entry1259371

Hi quite some time ago I saw some mirror Balls like the old 60,s Disco ball on sale for shooting crows I believe they turned out to be illegal is this true and why and did anyone find out if they worked before they turned out to be illegal

And has anyone got any good tips for shooting Carrion as the farm I shoot on has loads and they are extracting the urine from me

ii. to use any form of artificial lighting or any mirror or other dazzling device;

its true for crow jackies etc they are illegal er yes seems they worked

KW

Decoys and a rotary with a couple of dead crows on works for me, double up on the cover for your hide and keep out of sight till they are within range. Put the deeks out randomly and just make sure you are where they are feeding.

I've used a dead bunny but normaly only when shooting with a rifle, works a treat especially when times are hard, but much more satisfying to be dropping them with the shotty.

ATB EB

Yes have and use all those things and a bit more but was just wondering if any one had found anything weird or obscure to decoy them as it is manly Jackdaws I am having the trouble with they are cunning little critters as we all knowCheers Kenny

That really surprises me,ive always found Jackdaws are much more eager to drop into the decoy pattern,now crows are the cunning ones in my opinion :yes: BB

The farmer dose not want a ladder trap used (to do with tree hugging NOT him) I have used his quads and his Kawasaki mule to move around the farm the daw’s ignore him but if I use them they seem to know and just sod off I have not over shot it in fact not shot this farm much I have really just been trying to find out the birds habits but have been told that they have been chased from the surrounding farms to his

Kenny

I got a farm by me, about a mile away that is plagued by jackdaws. Like you say the farmer can walk around and they ignore him, but as soon as I show up in the yard they go.

I sit on the farmhouse steps and shoot a couple with the air rifle from a tree, but my best days are when he cuts silage in June decoying, they seem to love cut grass, or in the farmyard in the Summer when the cattle are up the mountain and out of the way. They respond very good to a flapper on a timer and to a bouncer. Some days it is possible to shoot 50 + in an afternoon with ease. These birds flight back and fore from the local village.

Hi quite some time ago I saw some mirror Balls like the old 60,s Disco ball on sale for shooting crows

If you're using the disco ball, the legal loop-hole defence for avoiding arrest is donning the full and correct Glam Rock outfit complete with Gary Glitter glittered platforms. Not advisable near schools of course....

lulls the crows into a false sense of security too :good:

If you're using the disco ball, the legal loop-hole defence for avoiding arrest is donning the full and correct Glam Rock outfit complete with Gary Glitter glittered platforms. Not advisable near schools of course....

lulls the crows into a false sense of security too :good:

As I am no where near a School this is obviously the way ahead but will have to wait till I am on the farm and out of sight till I get into my Garry Glitter Kit