what about Co2 Rifles

jonp13579

Not very consistent since they rely on ambient warmth to function. Each shot cools the gun, and thus the next shot has less power. Ok if you aren't taking several shots in quick succession, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of a semi-auto? Its a shame more PCPs aren't semi automatic.

I used to sell these, there are no real advantages over PCP or springer, there are plenty of disadvantages but keep the shops happy as the co2 cyliners are reasonably expensive over time.

I suppose they are cheap enough to buy but over time the advantage is lost. Taking a stock of cylinders also seems a good idea but, they are inconsistant and really dont like the cold.

My advice...........get a springer or pcp!

I still have my old Ratcatcher and I do find it very handy for pests (including bunnies) out to 25 yards, 30 on a warm day. It sits nicely at 9fpe and gets 35 shots per co2 bulb and is so light you can easily keep it with you whilst working outdoors.

Its a handy little tool and a reliable spare (for short range stuff anyway).

Other than that, I stick with my pcp. :good:

I had a ratcatcher and took dozens of rabbits with it - makes your stalking/ fieldcraft great as you need to get in that bit closer with it compared to other rifles I've used. But that was 8 years ago, and I don't think I'd go back to one now as you can pick up second hand PCP rifles much cheaper now than you could then!

Hi Jon

I've a few Co2 rifles and i think they're good fun, they usually can be tuned to near the legal limit but as said, they'll drop off powerwise in winter and it wouldn't be a good idea to tune them up so they are close to the legal limit in cold weather as if they're siezed for testing, they will be tested in a very warm lab so will be well over the legal limit :/

Here are mine

A couple of custom ratties, the dark one has a 2260 Rabbitstopper barrel fitted and a steel breech.

The polished one has a custom aluminium breech and a power adjustor that i made on it (also made the silencer adapter for it too )

riflerattiescustom1-1.jpg

Some QB/ XS/ TH 78's..

The one with the 9oz bottle is set up for bulk fill from a fire exinguisher, dunno how many shots from 9oz of Co2 as i haven't emptied it yet :oops:

78s.jpg

John :)

Hi Jon

I've a few Co2 rifles and i think they're good fun, they usually can be tuned to near the legal limit but as said, they'll drop off powerwise in winter and it wouldn't be a good idea to tune them up so they are close to the legal limit in cold weather as if they're siezed for testing, they will be tested in a very warm lab so will be well over the legal limit :/

Here are mine

A couple of custom ratties, the dark one has a 2260 Rabbitstopper barrel fitted and a steel breech.

The polished one has a custom aluminium breech and a power adjustor that i made on it (also made the silencer adapter for it too )

riflerattiescustom1-1.jpg

Some QB/ XS/ TH 78's..

The one with the 9oz bottle is set up for bulk fill from a fire exinguisher, dunno how many shots from 9oz of Co2 as i haven't emptied it yet :oops:

78s.jpg

John :)

Absolutely love your custom Ratties!

Does the long barreled jobbee do well for power/shots?

Duncan

:yes::good:

Edited by The Duncan

Absolutely love your custom Ratties!

Does the long barreled jobbee do well for power/shots?

Duncan

:yes::good:

Hi Dunc

I can't remember, i put a few pellets through it then put it away :blush:

I was supposed to be putting a cart in and trying it for someone but i can't remember which forum it was on :hmm:

Cheers, John :)

Hi Dunc

I can't remember, i put a few pellets through it then put it away :blush:

I was supposed to be putting a cart in and trying it for someone but i can't remember which forum it was on :hmm:

Cheers, John :)

Well used then John! :lol:

I bet it'd be dead handy for close to midrange bunnies :yes:

ATB

Duncan

i had several and if your going to get one buy one that tr robbs tuned there a lot better than standard there a bit expensive to run but he does a good adaptor so you can run them on air .but dont get many shots but hes working on a longer tube so they will be ok cheap and good fun ,and it leaves you with some money for a good scope .

• 5 months later...

i have a 850 airmagnum which runs about 11ft/lbs i have a 12oz paintball bottle fitted which gives me about 400 shots and costs £3 to fill, it can print half inch groups at 30 yards with aa fields, have taken many rabbits with it no problem. however i always pick my pcp rifle first if out hunting