Are you a bigot?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There you go again, playing the dunce card again. You are getting really good at it aren't you? We will move onto your ABC's next week.

It has nothing to do with being a follower of fashion, it has EVERYTHING to do with the forum rules which you agreed to abide by when you joined. Although I will bet a pound you never even read them.

As much as it pains me to agree with Paulos he is bang on, If you are really that annoyed demand your money back.

It is fairly simple to me, abide by the rules or get your threads removed.

Now repeat after me,

A is for apple,

B is for Boat

And it is HIGHLIGHTED,

MC stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean no more cryptic mumbo jumbo

I get replys taken down now and again buit i think that Zapp trying to stop me jumping off the eadge, nowt to do with being a Bigot :good:

Show me where it says in the house rules that a decision by any of the moderating team cannot be challenged or that their decision is final or that I, as a forum user have to act like a sheep and follow the crowd.

This is a rule on a site I am part of the moderator team for but it does not stop people regularly challenging decisions and demanding explanations.

As already mentioned, without being involved in the behind the scenes shenanigans that running a site like this entails, it would be difficult for someone on the outside to comprehend.

The Mods do a great job but are of course fallible and on occasion may make a call which in hindsight would be addressed in a different manner should the same arise in the future - big deal, get over it.

One of the Mods on the other site recently took a bashing for an action he took, he responded admitting he used a poor choice of words but this was not enough for some and they continued having a go at him. In the end he resigned his Moderator role and the site, as well as the hobby in general, are poorer for those actions.

I doubt very much that any website owner has ever been threatened with libel for the removal of a thread (sure people try other angles but they are all unfounded) but the same is obviously not true of threads that have been retained.

Just my tuppence worth...

A very good debate.

Perhaps the reason for the thread is that when we are self critical, its often dissapointing to find we have been wrong.

I always prefer to be right and often have to admit I'm not.

As for minorities, we all know about one of those - were shooters aren't we?

If one has values, someone will offend them sometime, if one is honourable the dishonourable are worthless.

We are all bigots, its just easier if we keep our criticism/comments/jokes within the bounds of what we think others would accept.

P.S. I reckon that the mods are bigots too - they ust try and leave it at home when they are working.

I'm happy that they mostly succeed in that and are pleasant, if necessarily forceful on occassions.

I've been trying to keep up with this thread - there were 5 pages when I started reading !!!

I look at this site everyday but rarely post.

Personally I think it's has far to many nasty posts, everyone is happy to stereotype/generalise as long as we don't do it about anyone with a air rifle/SGC/FAC....

Terms like "fudge packing Muslims" are imhb pathetic.

Waiting for the fall out........-

Personally I think it's has far to many nasty posts, everyone is happy to stereotype/generalise as long as we don't do it about anyone with a air rifle/SGC/FAC....

Ask your mummy to put the parental controls on so the nasty internet doesn't hurt you. :rolleyes:

I love PW, and I really enjoy reading and talking about shooting and country sports. But I do get saddened when the people who I have much in common with (country sports, shooting) so freely give racist or otherwise unpleasant comments.

PW is the only place (real or virtual) where I really come across this. Most people I know would think that the racism etc. on PW is unacceptable and shocking.

I also think it's a shame that shooting, which gets a bad press at the best of times, gets tainted by association.

I have been put off PW a few times by unpleasant threads, but I'm still here for the moment because most of the discussion more than makes up for the bad stuff.

Ok will do, I'll just phone her now.

She said "don't worry about those big boys, there not very clever"

:lol:

I'm waiting for the playground special of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

what a wonderful world that would be!

You miss the point, its easy to say it`s racism but it`s not, it`s patriotism or a love for the country you live in, no matter how bad it is at the minute.

If a topic is posted about someone of a different ethnicity carrying out a crime or thinking they are above the law and it is strongly commented on then straight away those that comment are called racist, when in reality they are offended, if that`s the right word by the audacity that such person would do such a thing.

We are right to make comment as we are, at most anyway on here responsible law abiding citizens otherwise we would not be issued Fac/Sgc.

Forgive me, of topic a little as it`s nothing to do with bigotry or moderators but still relevant I think.

i followed the original thread on the gay vs christian case until it got pulled. I dont think it was pulled because of the discusion rather it was the language used by some of the posters which actualy supprised me as i usualy find this site to be very down to earth and even handed. The problem happend when people referd to gay people as being discusting and using semi insulting slang terms for homosexuals, and then there was a call for members to own up if they are gay. I know this was done jokingly but i thought it went a bit far myself.

pimpkiller hits the nail on the head here - the subject matter of the thread was not the issue - if people want to discuss their views on homosexuality, religion or whatever then fine.

The problem starts when people use language which quite frankly is unacceptable.

Only got to nineth page on third thread regarding it before we have an answer to the original question. So it wasn't actually bigotry that was the problem with the original thread but the usual morons showing how eloquent they are.

Thank you for clearing that up Nick, sincerely.

It was also quite interesting to see those whom thought it was a mod bashing exercise or some other fruitless soapbox.