Naughty boy

antuk99

Well chaps after being a joiner shopfitter for all of my working life approximate 25+ years i have travelled the most of uk & Ireland pretty much on the road most of the time yes I know there is no excuse for speeding but most of my hard earned points were cameras non after 6.00am in the morning yep I got speed cameras on sat nav I even got a road angel but there is always 1 so now I have being given the opportunity to attend a speed awareness course tomorrow morning but to go on this I am having to work through the night cos I am attending course & paying for it lol so guys have any of you lot attended 1 if so what can I expect they say we roll play will it keep me awake I normally don't do good with people telling me what to do

HELP please

My mate had to go one one, they showed him some horrific accident pictures to **** him up, said they made him feel sick. Then he went on the skid pan. Day over.

On a skid pan? I wish we had that on the one we have to down here! just 3 hours in a classroom down here, but at least it keeps the points of your licence :good:

On a skid pan? I wish we had that on the one we have to down here! just 3 hours in a classroom down here, but at least it keeps the points of your licence :good:

Same for me, just turn up early if they shut the door before you get there your a "non attendee" and get to pay for the course and then gets points and a fine. Dont argue, be honest and try and get something out of the day.

my one and only ever driving offence was doin 35 in a 30 zone on the main road that takes you into barmouth i have made this journey for years and theres never been a mobile speed camera but there was this time :lol: anyway i got a 60 note fine and 3 points in me licence unless i attended a course but the course was back down in gwyned which would av cost me nearly the fine again to get down there so just took the points they av been wiped off now after 3yrs but wouldnt want to do it again has i was gutted i had got a good record for driving with no accidents or convictions but thats how the cookie crumbles.

paddy

only certain forces run them, Kent don`t and did me 3 points for driving a 2.5 ton sprinter van 70mph up the A2 which is a dual carriageway national speed limit, wish i had the course option, good thing is touch wood only points on my licence and that was Oct 2007 so i think they expire this year.

this says kent do now? I also saw on another site that they are the dearest @£110? perhaps more about revenue than road safety me thinks.

KW

http://www.kent.gov.uk/roads_and_transport/road_safety/diversionary_schemes/speed_awareness_course.aspx

I recently did one about 2 months back but was actually caught doing 36 in a 30 again like chaps above on a main rd,i personnally hate speeders esp ones who do it to show off ie young lads ect even more when in built up areas where kids are more likely to run out in front.

I usually just drive with flow of traffic,although im use to tactical and defensive driving from when working,anyway with working abroad they were ok for me to go when next home.

Was 4 hrs in the afternoon all classroom work very boring but for those who dont know much was worthwhile and better than 3 points.

Like the woman who was say 40ish quite a fit bird she came out with i thought speed cameras didnt work on sundays "as its a sunday and no one works"..lol

Mick

Edited by barrelsniffer

Well chaps after being a joiner shopfitter for all of my working life approximate 25+ years i have travelled the most of uk & Ireland pretty much on the road most of the time yes I know there is no excuse for speeding but most of my hard earned points were cameras non after 6.00am in the morning yep I got speed cameras on sat nav I even got a road angel but there is always 1 so now I have being given the opportunity to attend a speed awareness course tomorrow morning but to go on this I am having to work through the night cos I am attending course & paying for it lol so guys have any of you lot attended 1 if so what can I expect they say we roll play will it keep me awake I normally don't do good with people telling me what to do

HELP please

I'm afraid you now also have a notice of intended prosecution for lack of punctuation. Alternatively you could attend a full-stop awareness course?

this says kent do now? I also saw on another site that they are the dearest @£110? perhaps more about revenue than road safety me thinks.

KW

http://www.kent.gov.uk/roads_and_transport/road_safety/diversionary_schemes/speed_awareness_course.aspx

in Oct 2007 when i got mine Kent didn`t it was points only, looks like the Kent County Council have found a way to prop up their coffers as it says Kent police do not participate in the course.

The courses run slightly differently county to county, but it is a good course. Go with an open mind, be willing to learn, and be open to suggestion. People on the course who kick against it are either young or have a bad attitude and always look complete co**s. Do remember it is designed to help you and others. Also remember it is possible to 'fail' the course (usually by having a 'poor' attitude) and still have to pay the fine and take the points, even though you've paid for the course. Don't worry, there is no role play or anything else embarrasing, although they will ask your opininon on various scenarios. There could be up to about 20 of you on the course, of all ages and experience and it is all theory, no practical anymore. I used to run the practical part of the course when it existed, for the motorcycle riders. It was a better course when it included the practical part, but that has sadly now been removed. If you have any specific questions about it that are worrying you, drop me a pm.

I have been driving for about 38 years, got one speeding ticket in 1973 and have had one write off skidding in the ice in late 70s. I went on a free Police advance driving techniques course in the late 80s. Six evenings of classroom, on evening in an unmarked patrol car and a day on the force skidpan. All in all excellent especially the skidpan.

A

Cheers you lot

I am going with a open mind , some very helpful advice I knew I could rely on you lot .

I will let you know how I get on .

As I said earlier I am a shopfitter & I am working through the night so I can do the course & I arrived on site all the loading bays were taken by cars so squeezed into what was left of a loading bay left for exactly 3 mins & returned to find a ticket on the windscreen as my front tyre was 5" onto a disabled bay oh such fun I think will smile grin & take it on the chin .

PS - I'm from Yorkshire my grammar is perfect full stop ....

Well i attended the course and it was nothing like i expected , We were greeted with a cup of coffee at a conferance room at a holiday inn there we split into 2 classes as there must of been about 50 of us ranging from the young boy racers to senior members of the public .

It was very interesting it showed us all asspects of driving when they say speed awreness it is exactly that it,s like a advance driving course based on defensive driving looking at all the other idiots on the road i was blown away and would derinatly recomend it to any one .

When I bought a civic type r 7 years ago honda gave you a free MAC(motor appreciation course)with the car.

Basically you were taken out In your own car with an ex traffic police instructor for the day and he taught you how to drive the car at speed but safely :good: