CZ 455

tikka.223

What do you think of it pro's and con's,Im considering getting one in a .22WMR.

Mines in .17HMR, so far so good, its my First CZ.

I only use it for Bunnies and field work so ive not run it against targets or on a bench, but its accounted for 20 or so bunnies so far out to about 120 yards.

My only gripe so far is, i would like the bolt action to be smoother and a little quieter!

46b407f4.jpg

I only use it for Bunnies and field work so ive not run it against targets or on a bench, but its accounted for 20 or so bunnies so far out to about 120 yards.

My only gripe so far is, i would like the bolt action to be smoother and a little quieter!

46b407f4.jpg

Beautiful....I've went for the 452 in 17hmr, in the same stock as yours, can't wait. Just waitin on the FAC coming back :rolleyes:

Rich

All the 455 actions are barrel interchangable, just buy a new barrel and you're good to go as per the above video from CZ usa.

I've got that very thumbhole stock in .17 HMR in CZ 452 flavour, it's lovely to shoot :good:

CZ bolts take some working in! Breaking in a .22 455 at the minute, was hoping the 455 would have nicer finishing than the 452 but no! Pretty rough compared to say, an Anschutz, the first 100 cycles are far from smooth. Well worth gently polishing the bolt with a dremel and some polishing compound if you have a minute, won't do it any harm and improves the cycling no end. Or you can just grind away with the bolt, it loosens up after 200-300 rounds.

The 455 bore on the other hand is sweeeeet, pretty much tack driving out of the box, though I maintain a light JB pasting is worth a go, saves running it in with expensive bullets! As recommended by Varmint Al http://varmintal.com/ashot.htm (scroll down about a third of the way).

The 455 magazine thing is interesting, basically the receiver is .17hmr size with the addition of an insert into the magazine receiver allowing you to fit the shorter .22 magazines. Worth noting that while the .22 mags retro fit the 452/453 the .17hmr/.22wmr magazines are 455 only - as they've adopted the .22 style magazine catch, not featured on the 452/453.

I sell CZ magazines hence the geek knowledge! (Shameless plug - http://czmags.co.uk :D)

• 1 year later...

46b407f4.jpg

hi sorry for rekindling an old thread but i am currently getting a cz 455 .17hmr and was wondering what moderator you have on the rifle in the picture and how you rate it. Also how how easy was the bipod to install, did it clip onto the front sling mount or did you have to screw it in? Thanks for your help.

Not my picture, but to answer one of your questions, the bipod just attaches to the sling stud thats there as standard. On mods, I was talked into buying a wildcat whisper when I bought mine. I'm glad I did as the amount of crud in there after a session is un believable :o The wildcat is probably just over twice the price of a Sak (which I have on my .22) but its beautifully engineered, easy too strip and clean without tools and I am sure will last 5 times as long. Hope this helps.

I have a swift nighting gale on my .17hmr same price as a wildcat, the amount of crud of such a small round is amazing, I find the swift a good mod, easy to take apart and there is only 3 parts I highly recommend one and as its a over barrel mod it only adds alittle to the barrel :)

I have a few rifles and shotguns on the go now, and I am just waiting on my FAC getting sorted out as I am going to purchase a CZ 455 in thumbhole laminate stock, varmint stainless barrel in .17HMR

The wait is driving me crazy, but big cogs turn slowly, I have taken note of the various options about the possiblity to switch barrels etc, I also have a 10-22 Ruger that I will still hold onto, but may use that purely for target and at a later stage put in for a variation to switch barrels etc.

Being stainless will the moderators that have been recommended OK or is there a better stainless option, not too worried about the look of the rifle, i.e. stainless barrel with black moderator as hunting setup......

Cheers

Edited by crazyfrog

46b407f4.jpg

get a graphite pencil and 'colour' all over the bolt with it. Does a great job if smoothing up and quietening action

Yep i also own a CZ455 in Thumbhole Varmint in a .17HMR calibre and its the same as Silentkill's rifle above even with the S&B 8X56 scope!

Its a superb rifle!If i had a grumble i personally would prefer a metal magazine than a plastic one and the bolt a bit smoother but hey im used to my Tikka T3 bolt and thats super smooth!

ATB!

I've got one in .22lr, same laminated stock as the one in the piccy with a sak mod on it. Shoots a treat and superbly accurate. That is to say when I can get out with all this wet stuff coming down. Have taken bunnies out to over 100yds, thanks to hunting previously with an AA S410 air rifle. Once you get used to the hold over then it comes naturally.

Still can't get over this bit about not cleaning the barrel though. Always taught to clean my guns after every outing. Intend to stick to it as well.

Edited by Uncle Albert

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...