INSURANCE

this year gone with CPSA , seems to cover all shooting for £25

usually with BASC , but now with the increase £57 :yp:

go with what suits your shooting best , one thing i did find out was that with BASC your gundog is insured for public liability , which might be usefull.

may go back to them next season , as i,m missing my by-monthly Shooting & Conservation magazine, also and cant stand this clay shooting mag ( PULL ).

cheers

This topic keeps coming up, and I keep saying the same thing.

Shooting is coming under increasing preasure. CPSA is an organisation for clay busters, and will do all in its power to protect clay busting; but dont expect them to do anything to protect live quarry shooting.

With membership of BASC you get far more than simple insurance. Spend some time on their web site, and youl catch my drift. BASC has saved many a shooters bacon. I doubt that any of the other associations mentioned can claim such a record. BASC membership has gone up, but so have most other things, except my wages.

You pays your money and takes your choice. To get the best you generally have to expect to pay more.

webber

BASC Provided Me with a wealth of information when I had an Accident while Shooting ! The Police arrested Me for letting an unlicenced Person Use one of My shotguns even though I was acompanying Him Without the help of the BASC I think they May have even got it to Court Fortunatley they didnt as I provided copys of the relevent Laws and Acts that stated I did not break the law by letting an unlicenced Person Use My Gun . I think BASC are well worth every Penny :yp:

Does anyone know if you need a insurance if your a turist that is comming over to hunt?

i have never had any insurance when i go on hunts here in Norway.

The Landowners/Guides, or whoever is responsible for the land you shoot on, may require you to have Insurance.

It would be best to check with them. :yp:

CPSA are one of the cheapest BUT use them at your peril...if live quarry shooting comes under pressure (as if it isn't already) they are unlikely to support it, you or your sport! BASC is probably the best for the lay shooter.

If you visit the UK to shoot you should have insurance I don't think it's compulsory but I for one wouldn't want to shoot with anyone who wasn't insured especially if they were an unknown gun. Ask sussexlad.