Any good zero targets

Ballie

Hi after some advice from this forum, I have just bought my new set-up - Tikka T3 lite stainless .243 and 8 x 56 schmidtbender.

Can anyone ponit me to a website where I can down load some good targets to zero it in.

Also has anyone found a factory round that shoot well in this gun?

Thanks

There are hundreds of sites out there that do free target downloads just stick it into google and away you go. I just tried it and got offered 67,500,000 sites :/

But....

The simplist is quite often the best, a black dot on a sheet of white A4 paper works just as well :P

I would disagree with mark on the ammo front (if I may..)

If you are trying to get a good zero from a new gun the last thing you want to factor in is inaccurate ammo.

PPU stuff may be fine for running the barrel in, but if it isn't going where you want it to - as it did in my Tikka - you may become disillusioned with your new toy...

Ballie, i find these deadly for zeroing, (link below).

You can get them in all good firearms dealers i would imagine in the UK. ;)

http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-Birchwood_Birc..._C_Paper_Target

You can see your shot from yds away, as the point of impact goes bright yellow when hit. :D :yp:

Ageed ...........Shoot n See is the way forward fella :P

Expensive BUT worth every penny .............You can see exactly where the round is going ................Good for night zeroing as well .

I use a £1 a bullet ammo ............Nosler ballistic tip by Federal

Ive :lol:

A great target is the 5 litre cartons you get vinigar in (same shape as oil cartons)

Fill it with water and place it out to desired yardage and than you hit them they explode ;)

Or if you want a real challange those little cheap 300ml bottles of fizzy drink at 200 yards+

A Mate of mine can hit these at 200+ Yards with a HMR and they make a fair BOOM :yp:

Lord Geordie

Thanks guys for all the good targets.

I have gone out today and spent large sums of money on 4 boxes of Federal Permium 70g Nosler. My set up (Tikka T3 lite .243 and 8 x 56 Schmidt - Hungarian) seems to shoot them very well the rifle has only shoot 10 rounds and I am getting groups of just over 1 inch at 100 yards, which I am pretty pleased with.

I have heard people say that a new rifles will get more accurate as they wear in, can anyone tell me how many rounds does this take? and does the accuracy improve much?

The other question I have is can anyone tell me on a 8 x 56 Hungarian Schmidt (it says KLASSIK on it) under the elevation adjustment it has a T and H does anyone know which way rises the zero T or H ? - Before any clever cloggs says just go out and shoot it I have done that today but I can't remember which way raises or lowers the zero I have got it set right at 100 yards but I would now like it 1 inch high at 100 yards and I just want to give it a couple of clicks in the right direction, at £1 a shot if anyone can tell me which is which it will save me a few pounds.

Thanks everyone

The other question I have is can anyone tell me on a 8 x 56 Hungarian Schmidt (it says KLASSIK on it) under the elevation adjustment it has a T and H does anyone know which way rises the zero T or H ?

H = up

T = down

If you want to remember what is what just think of a screw when you turn it clockwise it is pulling your shot up, and the same applies to left/right.

******* good scope by the way - good buy...