had my fill of dog men now

tweedledee

Did they have shovels with them for digging badgers then :hmm:

who cares if they had shovels?.they were on HIS land, would it be fine if i came and walked my dogs round your garden?

and you only have to go on THL(in particulary the lurcher and Earthdogs & Working Terriers section) to see the sort of idiots that ruin a sport for the genuine dogmen

How would the police know who wrote the permission slip :hmm:

if the written permission slip is taken from defra , or the countryside alliance then it states on the permission slip that a contact number and address is needed for the land owner or the person who holds the sporting rights where terrier work is to be carried out

so the police can contact them asap if called out .. if the police are still not happy with the phone call made.... they then can request the farmer come out to identify the person who holds the written permisson to carry out the controlling of foxes on there land under the hunting act ....

Edited by washwildfowler

would you expect to be abused when you challenge someone for being on your property with no permission????think thats reason enough to be upset.

tweedledee you are well within your rights to be angry at these ******* ! I've land too and I don't like it when the members of the game club next me make holes in my hedges and hunt over my land but God forbid if you walked over their land they'd soon be slobbering the wanke#rs, if there weren't so many of them involved they'd deserve a slap and then you'd be rid of them.

f3

Well said pegleg and fx3x,

I cant believe this guy is being interogated by some members over people tresspassing on his land with thier dogs :angry:

I am sure that if people had dogwalkers or dogmen trudging through their gardens on a regular basis they would get pretty ###### off about it.

Walkers have very little respect for other peoples property which they show by straying from the footpaths and taking their own routes through peoples land :angry:

Ian.

Well said pegleg and fx3x,

I cant believe this guy is being interogated by some members over people tresspassing on his land with thier dogs :angry:

I am sure that if people had dogwalkers or dogmen trudging through their gardens on a regular basis they would get pretty pi$$ed off about it.

Walkers have very little respect for other peoples property which they show by straying from the footpaths and taking their own routes through peoples land :angry:

Ian.

I agree but sometimes you have to let things slide a bit. Going the route of angry confrontations with threats of hunting down dogmen now will just end up with you losing your licence. I believe that if you remain calm and just ask them to leave quietly the whole episode will come to a more satisfactory conclusion.

is it legal to use dogs on rabbits with permission?

The law is very complicated now but I think the answer to that is no. However you have to show intent and thats a harder thing to prove. You will always get the answer "well the dog just put up a rabbit and chased it, what am I supposed to do?" People who use dogs in this way are likely to be at the ***** end of the social spectrum and its not all that wise to confront them.

Any copper called to deal with them is not going to know the small print of the law anyway.

They may well have been out scouting for badgers as well but they would come back at night for them if they were. If they move in those sort of circles and know the people involved they can get money for a live badger.

Edited by Vince Green