had my fill of dog men now

tweedledee

well guys i had a real bad experience with a few dog men today. as usual it`s the city boys that spoils it for the rest.what gives them the right to drive out into the country and walk where they want wihout permission.the old( we have permission) and a guy at the end of the lane gave us permission) . then after that comes the abuse. it just roars the tits of me. i love my shooting but any dog men will now be hunted without hesitation. rant over

Dog walkers trespassing are a real pain without the verbal abuse. No excuse for being rude and abusive. Why don't these people act reasonably and responsibly and stick to public footpaths? Trouble is, if you're carrying a gun (even in a slip) it only takes one malicious call to the plod....

Best to avoid any confrontations if possible.

Edited by Dr_T

a lot of them are dead on but as you say theres a few bad apples as we had bother round my way 2 years ago with lurgan/portadown men they just didnt give a **** and the psni did nothing with them and any farmer who kicked up rough with them well they just did the same and issued threats to burn down the farm etc and 1 farmer came down the field to them with a iron bar and 2 of the dogmen produced hammers and chased him out of the field, they caused grief abt my for 2 years and the psni seemed powerless to stop them they only stopped coming my way when car loads of paramiltarys went looking for them and dealt with them thats the story i heard that stopped them coming down my way , there was 2 different gangs of dogmen my way 2 weeks ago but they all asked permission from the farmers unlike them orther gang of men

You should report them to your local police if you know who they are or can offer a description or vehicle reg. Even so, you should report seeing them as wildlife crime is on a list of ACPO priorities.

You could also report them to the National Wildlife Crime Unit who will liaise with the local police force.

Edited by mpauld

public footpaths are to be sure a real pain in the rear,an outdated throwback to fudeal britain,and those of us that are unfortunate enough to have them accross any of our permissions are in a constant vilgalant state about some nosy wonderers,i fully support the foot path laws being reviewd.ive had people straying over 500m away from the footpath and walking into us in a hide,him havin an ipod in he never seen us till he was on top of us,we only just got unloaded and bagged up in time to approach the space cadet with our hands in the 'i surrender' position!!! a pain to be sure.

well guys i had a real bad experience with a few dog men today. as usual it`s the city boys that spoils it for the rest.what gives them the right to drive out into the country and walk where they want wihout permission.the old( we have permission) and a guy at the end of the lane gave us permission) . then after that comes the abuse. it just roars the tits of me. i love my shooting but any dog men will now be hunted without hesitation. rant over

tweedledee, you seem very annoyed but in truth I haven't got a clue what these city boy dog men might have done?

Can you explain in a bit more detail what went on in NI presumably?

Edited by Whitebridges

We all get problems with poachers just don't call them dogmen I am a terrierman and have been for forty years plus we carry out legitimate fox control using the terriers above and below ground but it is a legal requirement to to have the landowner/tenants permission and it must be in writing in England.

Never knew that, something new I've learnt today :lol:

would you expect to be abused when you challenge someone for being on your property with no permission????think thats reason enough to be upset.

Depends how you approach them doesn't it.

Like I said you sound very angry, and if you go in all guns blazing you're probably going to get the response that you did.

If it is the case then maybe a less confrontational approach would be more effective :good:

You haven't actually said precisely what they have done besides take their dogs for a walk on your land :hmm:

Depends how you approach them doesn't it.

Like I said you sound very angry, and if you go in all guns blazing you're probably going to get the response that you did.

If it is the case then maybe a less confrontational approach would be more effective :good:

You haven't actually said precisely what they have done besides take their dogs for a walk on your land :hmm:

i assure you i didnt start off angry.i told them they had no permission to be there and they started this **** that they had.i know they have n`t because i own it. and i don`t appreciate them tramping down my fences to make a quick escape. do you honestly think they were just out for a dander past badger setts do you???they went out of their way to avoid 2 other houses and crossed rough ground to get in undetected and then proceeded to do their stuff on the side of the hedge where traffic on the main road could n`t see them. but then as they said they had permission. *****

i assure you i didnt start off angry.i told them they had no permission to be there and they started this **** that they had.i know they have n`t because i own it. and i don`t appreciate them tramping down my fences to make a quick escape. do you honestly think they were just out for a dander past badger setts do you???they went out of their way to avoid 2 other houses and crossed rough ground to get in undetected and then proceeded to do their stuff on the side of the hedge where traffic on the main road could n`t see them. but then as they said they had permission. *****

Did they have shovels with them for digging badgers then :hmm:

Be very carfull mate a bloke who used to be on here called Winchester was arrested held on bail for four months had his licence revoked because of trespassing dog walkers even though Winchester was driveing artics with taco evidance and has no charges to answer DONT END UP LIKE HIM 4 years down the line he is still fighting to clear his name and getting there but its slow he is only fighting so it can not be done to anyone else

I have had no bother this year; however, last year there were 'dogmen' going about without permission, threatening land owners, members of the public and hunting deer with their lurchers. I think they have left our area alone this year because there is not the same volume of rabbits.

Police are useless, they don't mind challenging us license holders when we have permission but they won't go near the dogmen.

ollie i think the reason you havnt seen them this year is cos if its the same boys im thinking off then a few of them have got fac"s and there names where given to the police who i think had a word with them and threathed to revoke their fac thats why they mayabe havnt been your way i think it was the men who where at the deer that got spoken to , and ur rite the psni can land out within mins.to me who had permission to shoot yet take hours sumtimes days to come out when its them orther fools, ps have you ferreted that place this year where the police landed with me

ollie i think the reason you havnt seen them this year is cos if its the same boys im thinking off then a few of them have got fac"s and there names where given to the police who i think had a word with them and threathed to revoke their fac thats why they mayabe havnt been your way i think it was the men who where at the deer that got spoken to , and ur rite the psni can land out within mins.to me who had permission to shoot yet take hours sumtimes days to come out when its them orther fools, ps have you ferreted that place this year where the police landed with me

No haven't ferreted it mate cos there's not the same volume of rabbits. Myself and Glensman were lamping close to there last week when the Police drove past as we were walking back towards the jeep with the rifles; they drove down the road turned and came back to us. We had permission ok and the officer was dead on enough, however, I don't think they woulda came back to us if it hada been dogmen.

We all get problems with poachers just don't call them dogmen I am a terrierman and have been for forty years plus we carry out legitimate fox control using the terriers above and below ground but it is a legal requirement to to have the landowner/tenants permission and it must be in writing in England.

Permission doesn't have to be in writing.