Changing the rifle in the slot?

tim123

I've just sold my current HMR and have brought a new one off a friend. Does anyone know if I can inform the police that I've sold my current gun and brought a new gun with one group of letters. Or do I have to inform them

I've sold the gun and get the slot re-opened, then inform them I've brought a new gun.

Thanks in advance.

I've just sold my current HMR and have brought a new one off a friend. Does anyone know if I can inform the police that I've sold my current gun and brought a new gun with one group of letters. Or do I have to inform them

I've sold the gun and get the slot re-opened, then inform them I've brought a new gun.

Thanks in advance.

I assume you ment that you have sold your old hmr and your friend has aggreed to sell you his once your license comes back with the free slot to acquire another hmr. If not then you and your friend will be in a lot of bother with your flo.

OK cool - that's what Ive done. :good:

So i guess they then fill the slot at their end when they get the letter, so if you sell the gun you need to inform them, wait for the slot to be free and confirmed before you replace it - even if it is the same calibre?

... which is what the OP is asking??

OK cool - that's what Ive done. :good:

So i guess they then fill the slot at their end when they get the letter, so if you sell the gun you need to inform them, wait for the slot to be free and confirmed before you replace it - even if it is the same calibre?

... which is what the OP is asking??

Yes even if its the same calibre.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't actually brought the gun yet. As said I've agreed to buy it when my tickets open. Was just hoping there'd be a quicker was a quicker way to do it without having to open up the slot and then telling then I've brought a new gun.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

With Kent if i get bored of a rifle i ensure i sell it to my usual rfd then buy the same calibre from him and i don`t need to wait for the slot to be opened, i do it all on the same day and fax the transfer paperwork to maidstone.

I thought i understood this ? sell wait for ticket return buy new one , So why is it different with kent and rfd ? or am i missing something

Edited by bongo321

With Kent if i get bored of a rifle i ensure i sell it to my usual rfd then buy the same calibre from him and i don`t need to wait for the slot to be opened, i do it all on the same day and fax the transfer paperwork to maidstone.

i think you need a chat with david basc about the way you have done this so not to get in to bother as im 99% sure you need a 1 for 1 veriation to do this wich meens selling the rifle sending off yr ticket and waiting for it to return befor purchasing a new one of the same cal i know its a long winded proses (in the words of larry potterfield)and thats the way it is :lol:

Edited by fruitloop

http://www.northumbria.police.uk/advice_and_information/Firearms_licensing/variation/

have a look at this :good:

Applications for “one for one” variations, including both same and different calibre weapons, should be made by the certificate holder submitting his firearm certificate together with a completed Form 101, direct to their Firearms Licensing Department.

Edited by fruitloop

By buying a gun that you have a slot for means that slot is filled. It doesn't automatically become open because you have sold that gun.

You do not have the authority to take posession of another gun until it says so on your certificate. Paying for one in a RFD is one thing, taking it home with you is something else and illegal for both parties.

That is why the 1 for 1 is free and usually is done quickly. Essex will do it while you wait if you ask first and make an appointment.

I thought i understood this ? sell wait for ticket return buy new one , So why is it different with kent and rfd ? or am i missing something

i think you need a chat with david basc about the way you have done this so not to get in to bother as im 99% sure you need a 1 for 1 veriation to do this wich meens selling the rifle sending off yr ticket and waiting for it to return befor purchasing a new one of the same cal i know its a long winded proses (in the words of larry potterfield)and thats the way it is :lol:

Herts print a special bit on your ticket saying you can posses the gun but not sell it and aquire another one. No idea how you are doing it Kevlar but sounds iffy

I had always done the whole sell the rifle, fax transfer form, send off licence, await licence return, purchase new replacement but one day i needed a variation doing at the same time as needing a slot cleared and i was asked why i`m doing it this way as i have the authority to posess one of that calibre and if i sell the current rifle and do the transfer form then purchase a replacement from the same dealer i havn`t breached the terms of my licence, i did question it but he checked and it was fine with Maidstone. Believe me as much as i hate to question my FEO i felt i had too as it`s his job but my licence.

I had always done the whole sell the rifle, fax transfer form, send off licence, await licence return, purchase new replacement but one day i needed a variation doing at the same time as needing a slot cleared and i was asked why i`m doing it this way as i have the authority to posess one of that calibre and if i sell the current rifle and do the transfer form then purchase a replacement from the same dealer i havn`t breached the terms of my licence, i did question it but he checked and it was fine with Maidstone. Believe me as much as i hate to question my FEO i felt i had too as it`s his job but my licence.

Yes the authority to posess ONE, thats the one that you originally applied for, not any others even if you sell that one... You are breaking the law :hmm:

read here on the bottom of the application forms >>>

An application for a variation which results from the disposal of one weapon and the need for authorisation to aquire a new weapon of the same type and caliber (one for one variation) should be submitted direct to the police force headquarters.